Venmo is a well-known PayPal-powered payment app that lets you send and receive money. Venmo also has a debit card you can use at ATMs. However, if you’re thinking you’ll be able to add cash to your Venmo card pretty much anywhere, then you might be a little mistaken. Banks and fintech companies, like Chime and Cashapp, let you reload cash at CVS, Walmart, and ATMs. It’s possible to find some people who claim Venmo has the same feature, but it’s not an official feature.
It’s been reported that people can reload their Venmo card using cash at Walgreens, Walmart, and other places. Please don’t take this as a guarantee, but you could try it!
You can even take cash at certain local stores and have them send the money to your Venmo wallet so that you can keep using the Venmo card. But Can you add cash to your Venmo card at Walgreens? Let’s read the answers explained and written in simple words.
How I add cash to my Venmo card at Walgreens?
Yes, the Walgreens stores provide this facility to add cash to Venmo cards. However, it’s not that simple that you can walk into the store and get cash instantly. If you want to successfully add cash to your Venmo card, you’ve got to be a Walgreens member. You can add cash to your Venmo card at Walgreens once you’re a verified Walgreens member. Here is how you can add cash to my Venmo Card at Walgreens.
- First, you will have to locate a Walgreens near you. No matter if it’s the one in your neighborhood or the one in the city. I’m pretty sure these steps will work for all stores.
- Enter the store and simply ask the cashier to add the money to your Venmo account.
- The cashier or representative will ask for a few details, and after checking your Walgreens membership status, he or she will let you start to deposit your money.
- You might assume it’ll take a while from here on out. The representative will use a quick and advanced card reader to add cash to your Venmo profile within a minute, but that might not be the case.
Take a note that, If you’re not a Walgreens registered member, you can still get the money added to the Venmo account, but you’ll have to pay a fee for it.
Steps to add cash to your Venmo Card
You can fund your Venmo balance using a debit or credit card if you have a verified bank account. To do this, you need to have cash in your bank account and link it to your Venmo account. Your Venmo app should be updated with a bank account if you have not already done so. You can load cash onto your Venmo card by following these steps:
- You will need to open the Venmo app
- Tap on Settings
- Tap ‘Manage Balance’
- You will need to enter the amount you want to transfer
- Once you have entered the amount for your Venmo balance, tap on the Done tab.
- The app screen shows your estimated money arrival date as well as your transaction details. Verify your bank account
- On the next page, click “Next”
- Once you’ve reviewed the information, tap ‘Add Money. Make sure the transaction is confirmed before clicking on “Add Money.”
Other Ways of Adding Money to Venmo
- Fund transfer between reliable accounts is possible. You can use Venmo with a friend or family member you trust. If you need money urgently, ask your spouse or friend to Venmo you.
- You can add money from your linked bank account (it takes 3-5 business days). Having a Venmo debit card gives you access to this option.
- You can add up to $500 to Venmo instantly from your bank account. You’ll be able to use this new feature if you have an active Venmo debit card and a linked bank account (not a bank debit card). It’s easy to link a bank account with Plaid or manually.
- Use the reload feature when your Venmo card doesn’t have enough funds to cover a transaction. With reloads, Venmo will automatically pull money from your bank account, in increments of $10, to cover the purchase over your Venmo balance.
Things to consider before loading a Venmo card at Walgreens
You should keep the following in mind when loading money onto your Venmo card at Walgreens:
- In the store, the cashier may ask for your Walgreens number to verify that you are a regular customer.
- Cashiers can reduce the fee to add money to your Venmo card if you’re a registered customer.
- There is a fee if you are not an existing customer.
- Depending on your preference, you can pay with cash or another debit or credit card.
- Some stores do not offer this service.
Is there any cost to reload a Venmo card?
Venmo debit cards can be loaded for free since there is no charge for reloading them. No matter which account you use, or if you use a credit or debit card, refills are free. So don’t worry; adding cash to Venmo cards at Walgreens won’t cost you anything. You might have to pay a fee for the transfer if you are not a Walgreens registered customer. If so, contact your local Walgreen store to find out how much it costs.
How do I add money to my Venmo card without a bank account?
Venmo cards have no connection to Venmo balances, and you can only send money by linking your Venmo account to your bank account. Funds from your bank account go into Venmo and are available for payments, even with the Venmo card. You can only deposit or withdraw money from your Venmo wallet through bank accounts. Therefore, Venmo won’t work if you don’t have a bank account.
How long does it take for money to reach my Venmo account after I add Cash?
Venmo reloading at Walgreens doesn’t take too long to reach your account. Within a few minutes of going to your convenience store to add cash, the money will be there. There is no need to wait any longer. You will need approximately 7 to 10 business days for registration if you haven’t already done so.
How much money can I add to my Venmo balance?
The maximum amount you can transfer into your Venmo balance per week is $1,500.00. Transactions count toward your weekly rolling limit one week after the transaction is completed.
As an example, if you add money to your Venmo account on Monday at 11 AM, that transaction will not count against your limit at exactly 11:01 AM on Monday the following week.