The Chime banking service is popular among millennials, offering almost no fees for online banking. Chime is one of the top choices for transferring money. Those who use Chime will be happy to know that funds can be transferred from their Chime account to another bank. In order to transfer money to another bank account, you must have a Chime Spending Account with a Chime Debit Card. Upon enrolling in the Chime App, Chime will send your Chime debit card by mail to your registered address within 7-10 days.
The following guide will walk you through the steps of transfer money from your Chime account to another bank account and how long does it takes successfully complete the transaction.
Duration For Successfully Transfer Money From Chime To Another Bank
According to your external bank’s policies, it can take 3-5 business days for the money to appear in your external bank account after you transfer the money. A Chime customer may initiate ACH transfers from an external account without being subject to a limit. Per day, there is no limit to how many times you can use it. Under the Review Section, you also receive an estimate of when the funds will be available in your account.
Steps For Transfer Money From Chime To Bank Account
In order to transfer funds from your Chime account to another bank account, you must know how to do that. Here is the detailed process of transferring money from Chime to a bank account.
First, linking other bank accounts to your Chime App is the first step in transferring funds. When your external bank account is linked to your Chime account, you can easily transfer money to or from your Chime Checking Account. A Chime account can be linked to an external bank account through Plaid’s services. When Plaid supports an external bank, and both accounts are in your name, you can connect your external account to your Chime account.
- Step 1 : Follow the steps below to link an external account to your Chime Spending Account.
- Log into your Chime App and select Settings (gear icon)
- You can link a bank account by tapping “Link a Bank Account.”. When you open Chime App, you will also find the “Link another account” option under Linked Bank Accounts.
- Select the bank from the list of banks in the Chime App to which you want to link your account
- For authentication, use the login credentials of your other bank.
- On the Chime App Home Screen, you should see the bank account name under “Linked Bank Accounts” after linking it.
- Step 2 : After linking the bank account, you will go for the next step. On the Chime app home screen (bottom left), tap “Move Money”.
- Step 3 : Choose “Transfer Funds” under the “Transfer Money and Pay Bills” section
- Step 4 : Click on the right arrow next to the “From” field (bank from which funds will transferred).
- Step 5 : Next, tap the right arrow next to “To Field”. From any linked bank account, you can change your bank account.
- Step 6 : You will need to enter the amount you wish to transfer. Depending on your bank account, you may transfer up to $10,000/- a day (maximum $25,000 per month) from your Chime Account.
- Step 7 : Ensure that the transfer details are correct by reviewing the information. In addition, it provides an estimate of when your bank account will receive the funds.
Limits On Bank Transfer For Chime App
The maximum amount you can transfer from Chime Account to another bank account is $10,000/- per day (up to a maximum of $25,000/- per month). It depends on your bank’s acceptance limit; each bank has its own limits. The Chime mobile app lets you view your transfer limits by going to Settings > View limits.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is The Fastest Way To Send Money?
You can usually send money faster with an electronic funds transfer (EFT). You can send money through an EFT if it’s over an electronic network. Apps like PayPal, online bill pay, direct deposit, and wire transfers are all part of this.
Where Can I View My Chime Activity?
Using the Chime app, you can access your Chime account. Whenever you make a transaction, your checking account will allow you to know exactly how much you’ve spent. View your history of Pay Anyone transactions within the Chime app by selecting the clock icon in the top right corner. You are the only one who can see your activity feed.
Why Is It Taking So Long With My Chime Transfer?
Transfers between accounts only occur through ACH, which is processed on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays). After a transfer is processed, Chime’s bank partners ask to hold the transfer for three business days. You will receive the money in less than a week after sending it to your checking account. If the transferring process is taking too long, contact Chime via email at support @ chime dot com or call customer service. The Chime call center number is 844-244-6363.