ecoATM is an automated kiosk that recycles and buys used electronics from consumers. It is a convenient and eco-friendly way to earn extra cash for their old devices. If you have a tablet that you would like to recycle or get cash for, an ecoATM is a great option. To sell your tablet at an ecoATM kiosk, you need to provide proof of ownership and consider its condition. The kiosk will evaluate your device and give you an offer for the device, based on its condition and the current market value of the device.
ecoATM kiosks are likely in malls and other public spaces and they accept most tablets, such as those made by Apple, Samsung, and other major brands. Whether you want to do eco-friendly things or earn cash for your tablet, ecoATm kiosks will welcome you with their reasonable offers. Hopefully, this article will assist you in making your wish to pass your tablet to a good purpose.
Requirements for ecoATM Take Tablets
The seller of a device is required to provide identification to confirm their identity to ecoATM. ecoATM accepts several government or state-issued identification cards, except military IDs, passports (book), passport cards, and enhanced driver’s licenses. To transact with ecoATM, you must be at least 18 years of age. When selling your tablet at an ecoATM kiosk, you will need to provide proof of ownership. It is for this reason that the kiosk is unable to sell stolen devices. As proof of ownership, you may provide the original receipt, a bill of sale, or a government-issued photo identification card.
Furthermore, the condition of your tablet is of utmost importance. In general, the better the condition of your tablet, the higher its value will be. The ecoATM analyzes several factors when assessing the condition of your tablet, including its overall appearance, screen condition, battery life, and functionality. Please note that the kiosk may not accept tablets with major damage or that do not function properly.
How Does ecoATM Work to Take a Tablet
ecoATMs give you instant cash for reusing or recycling smart technology. Getting an ecoATM quote online, having your tablet evaluated in person, and accepting or rejecting the offer is all you have to do before you sell your tablet. Here’s what you need to know about ecoATM if you’re thinking about selling or recycling your tablet.
Prepare Your Tablet
There are a few things you can do before you sell your tablet at an ecoATM kiosk. Don’t leave your tablet with any personal information on it and make sure all location services are off before you leave. Before wiping the device, make sure you transfer any pictures or data you want to keep.
The easiest way to reset an iPad is from Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase all content and settings >> Erase all content and settings. If you have a password on your tablet, enter it before you reset it.
The only way to remove all personal information from an Android device is to perform a factory reset. The procedure varies between Samsung, Google, and other Android devices, but the basic steps remain the same. There is a detailed instruction manual available on the ecoATM website.
Get a Quote
The next step is to obtain a quote once your tablet has been reset and is ready for sale. If you wish to get a general idea of how much you will be offered at the kiosk, you can price your device online. It is important to note that the actual offer you receive may differ. The ecoATM website indicates that each tablet is priced based on the following factors:
- Specific condition
- Value in the secondary markets
With ecoATM kiosks, you get the best price using a vision system, electrical diagnostics, and artificial intelligence. Your tablet will be worth less if its water damaged or has a broken screen. The same goes for older, less popular devices.
To test your device, you will place it in the test station when you visit the kiosk. Following the examination of your device, the ecoATM kiosk will make an instant offer to you. But don’t worry, you can cancel the process and get your device back at any time. In other words, if you do not like the offer you receive, you may decline it.
Get Cash Back
You’ll get the cash right from the machine if you agree to the amount. It’s also okay to turn in accessories and chargers that came with the device. ecoATM won’t pay you extra for the items, but it’ll recycle them.
Make sure you don’t sell anything you’re not going to sell, like SIM cards. You can’t get your device back once you accept the offer. Following the acceptance of your device and the payment of your refund, your device will either be recycled or re-used.
Way to Find an ecoATm Near You
You can locate ecoATMs throughout the country except for Maryland and Washington, DC. Thank goodness ecoATM provides a convenient location finder for your convenience. To find the green machine, you can use the online kiosk finder or visit participating Kroger, Walmart, and mall stores. If you would like to track their location, check here: “locations.ecoatm.com”.
ecoATM lets you search for kiosks near you by city or ZIP code. It’s also possible to browse by state. You will see a map showing the location of nearby kiosks. Additionally, you will be able to see a list of kiosk locations. This list includes the name and address of each retailer, store hours, and a brief description of where the kiosk is located within the store. If you have located a kiosk nearby, ensure that the store is open before proceeding. Google Maps is also a helpful tool for finding ecoATMs in your area.
Accepted Devices at ecoATM
ecoATM seems to have no problem with accepting any device that is thrown at it. You may be able to sell your cell phone or tablet through ecoATM if you have one. You can bring your cell phone, MP3 player, or tablet to this store. However, it is possible that they will not accept Apple watches. Fortunately, ecoATM will purchase your unlocked iPhone. There is, however, no guarantee that you will receive cash for your device. Nevertheless, they exchange cash for many different types of electronics. According to the ecoATM website, the following devices are accepted:
- Apple products
- Broken Apple Devices
- Android tablet devices
- Amazon readers like the Kindle Fire
- Motorola cell phones and smartphones
- HTC cell phones and smartphones
- Blackberry personal data devices
- Samsung Devices including the Galaxy S series, Note, and more
If you have a device that is not on their list, the company will still accept it; however, they will not pay for it. If you wish to recycle your unwanted electronics locally, ecoATM remains a great option.
Alternative Options to ecoATM for Selling a Tablet
When you go to sell your device, you will have to compare prices. You definitely want the best price. You should gather quotes from a few different places and select the one that offers the most cash. Swappa, Decluttr, BuyBackWorld, ItsWorthMore, and Gazelle are the common names when comparing ecoATM.
It is generally true that ecoATM does not offer the best prices. Swappa may be a better option for you if you have some time to wait and your phone is in relatively good condition. Make sure that you obtain quotes from BuyBackWorld, NextWorth, Gazelle, and Decluttr before finalizing your decision.
Since ecoATM provides instant cash back at the kiosk, it is the fastest method of payment. Furthermore, ecoATM will be a great option for recycling damaged or unusable phones, with the added benefit of potentially getting a few dollars back. Cracked or damaged phones are not accepted by many other buyback sites, such as Swappa.
Tips for Selling Your Tablet to ecoATM
ecoATM might be the easiest way to sell an old tablet, especially if it’s damaged or outdated. The following tips will help you get the most money for your tablets if you decide to sell it at an ecoATM:
- Check out the quote online before you go: You should check out the online quote before driving to a physical kiosk to obtain an offer for your device. To find out how much ecoATM may be able to offer you, visit ecoATM’s website and click “Price Your Device”. If the offer you are considering is too low, you can use this method to save time and get an estimate that you can compare to other offers.
- Get a quote from another buyback program: Compare ecoATM’s estimate with other offers available online once you have received an estimate. If you are interested in finding out how much your tablet is worth, you can check out online secondary markets such as Swappa, BuyBackWorld, and Decluttr. The purpose of this is to determine whether ecoATM is worth your time.
- Take a backup of your tablet and wipe it: Don’t forget to save any pictures or data that you don’t want to lose before selling your tablet. Before restoring your old tablet to factory settings, make sure you back it up first. This will result in the deletion of all of your personal information.
- Keep a valid ID on you: It is necessary to present identification when selling your tablet at an ecoATM kiosk for security. ecoATM accepts most government and state-issued identification cards except for military IDs, passports, and enhanced driver’s licenses, according to its website.
Benefits of Selling a Tablet at ecoATM
When upgrading to a new tablet, the trade-in process can be confusing. But with ecoATM, you get cash on the spot without stress. It’s green, easy to use, and fast. Check out the benefits of ecoATM, then find an ecoATM near you.
- The main advantage of the ecoATM system is its speed. With the kiosk, you will receive your payment immediately rather than waiting days or even weeks. Additionally, the company claims that its competitors are unable to match its benefits. As an example, there are some platforms designed specifically for resale. The company receives your tablet and sells it to someone else. The company is essentially a pass-through organization that is seeking quality inventory that can be quickly sold.
- More than 2,000 kiosks are spread across the country, according to ecoATM, and many of them are located in shops that you frequent every day. The company is fully prepared to assist if you are looking for a quick cash flow solution. This is an ideal situation for many people.
- With Eco-ATM, you can receive instant cash back for your old devices safely and conveniently.
- Eco-ATM contributes to the reduction of e-waste and the protection of the environment. Due to the presence of metals such as arsenic, lithium, cadmium, copper, lead, mercury, and zinc inside mobile tablets, they are considered to be toxic. In landfills, these toxic raw materials can get into groundwater, contaminate soil, and affect the food chain.
- It’s the first e-waste recycling station that repairs and reuses parts.
- The company returns stolen devices to its customers for free if anyone sells them.
As a summary of the benefits, we can state the following:
- No contract is required
- Hassle-Free Experience
- Cash on the Spot
- NO CARRIER CONTRACT
How to Maximize the Value of a Tablet at ecoATM?
If you use some tips, you can maximize the value of your tablet when selling it at ecoATM. However, keep in mind that ecoATM may offer different values based on the model and condition of your tablet. If your tablet is in good condition, you can get a higher price for it. Protect your tablet from scratches and damage by keeping it clean. Be sure to bring your original tablet accessories, like the charging cable and adapter. Your tablet’s value is going to go up since ecoATM takes the accessories into account.
Does ecoATM Take Tablets That Are Locked?
If your locked phone or tablet is in working condition, ecoATM will accept it. Just bring a valid ID if you have your device locked. Most companies won’t buy non-working devices. But with ecoATM, you can cash out your device the same day if you have proof it’s not working.
How long does it take to sell a tablets at ecoATM?
Typically, it takes about three to five minutes for a customer to sell a device at an ecoATM kiosk. Then the payment should show up in your account within 2 hours if your Venmo or PayPal account is active. It might take up to 24 hours for new payments to show up. Payments may appear as “pending” until your Venmo or PayPal account is verified or your account is active.
How to receive payment from ecoATM for a tablet?
Those seeking to receive funds via PayPal or Venmo can take advantage of ecoATM’s convenient digital payment option. If you wish to receive a digital payment, you must activate and verify your PayPal account or Venmo account. Make sure the info you enter at the kiosk goes to your account by double-checking. If you choose the digital payment option, ecoATM recommends getting a receipt via email. You’ll have details of the transaction in case you need to get in touch with our customer care team about digital payments.
What types of tablets does ecoATM accept?
ecoATM accepts a variety of tablets depending on the kiosk’s location, model, and condition. However, ecoATM accepts a lot of tablets, including Apple iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tabs, Amazon Kindle Fires, Microsoft Surfaces, Google Nexuses, Asus Transformers, etc. If you want to find out if your tablet is eligible for trade-in at an ecoATM kiosk, you can use their locator tool or check out their website.
How does ecoATM ensure my data is erased from the tablet I sell?
Through the implementation of some measures, ecoATM seeks to ensure that any personal data on the tablets provided to customers are securely destroyed. Using specialized software, ecoATM wipes all personal data from the tablets it receives. By using industry-standard erasure methods, this software ensures that all data is permanently deleted from the device. All personal information on the device is removed by ecoATM technicians as soon as it is received. A device that does not pass this examination is either wiped again or physically ruined If it fails this inspection.
Is it safe to sell my tablet at ecoATM?
At ecoATM, you can generally sell your tablet safely, since ecoATM takes several measures to protect customer data and ensure the safety of its customers. If you are planning to sell your tablet, make sure you back up any important data or files to another device or cloud service before selling it. You can wipe all personal data from your tablet and restore its original settings by performing a factory reset. Performing this step will ensure that any personal information or data on the device Completely disappears.