Are you fed up with DoorDash’s poor service and want to permanently delete your DoorDash account for good? You’re not alone. Many customers are unhappy with the food delivery app and its unresponsive customer support. In this treatise, I’ll show you how to permanently delete your DoorDash account in a few easy steps. It’s not complicated, and you’ll be free from any unwanted charges or emails from DoorDash. So, don’t be late. Lets get started!
DoorDash Account Closing & Refund Policy
Before delete your DoorDash account permanently, you must know the DoorDash account closing and refund policy. You can cancel your DashPass subscription at any time for cancellation, remember certain facts. The following policies are highlighted:
- You will not receive a refund if you cancel your DashPass subscription at any other time. You may, however, continue to enjoy the reduced fees and other benefits through the end of your then-current subscription period.
- When you have a monthly subscription just cancel 1 day before the renewal date so that you can avoid the next month’s charges
- Until the end of the current billing cycle, you can continue to use DashPass features after canceling a monthly subscription.
- You can cancel a yearly subscription for DashPass before you use it, and they will refund you fully. A refund is not possible if you’ve used DashPass at all.
- DoorDash may, in its sole discretion, refund your DoorDash fees if you cancel your DashPass subscription within 48 hours but do not place a Dash-Pass-eligible order during that time frame.
What Happens If I Delete My DoorDash Account
You won’t be able to get your DoorDash account back once you delete your account permanently. That is why many users prefer to deactivate DoorDash accounts instead of deleting them permanently. If you deactivate the account, there will be no connection between you and the account but DoorDash keeps your information up to date. So there is the chance of account restoration which will allow you to get back to DoorDash. I’ll write how to deactivate DoorDash account end of the article.
7 Facts to Consider to Rethink for Delete DoorDash Account Permanently
Your decision and steps can delete your DoorDash account permanently and you won’t be able to retrieve it. Think carefully before you decide. Before deletion, you should rethink the DoorDash services. Here are some facts you consider before delete the DoorDash account permanently.
1. If you are facing any issue or problem with using a DoorDash account
Deleting the DoorDash account may suddenly become a necessity for many reasons. It is maybe your decision to stop the account but several other major issues have a significant impact on the food lovers’ community. Indeed, a large number of people are not satisfied with this company. However, you should reconsider their services. Those who have difficulty using DoorDash should contact DoorDash customer service first. DoorDash customer service team can help you with:
- Inquiries about the status of an order
- Inquiry regarding refunds
- Questions about debit cards, credit cards, or gift cards
- Support for technical problems
- Membership assistance
DoorDash Contact Number: 855-431-0459; if you fail to contact then others way.
2. If customer care not responding you
If you are tired of the DoorDash customer service take help from the DoorDash web browser. Use your smartphone or tablet’s browser instead if DoorDash app is down. You can also use DoorDash official chat service. There is a chat box that can answer questions all day, every day. To get feedback, send an email to ” support[@]doordash(.)com “.
3. If you are receiving lots of promotional mail
Some ways can follow to stop receiving so much promotional mail. Call customer service and ask them to stop sending promotional mail. Send an email to stop promotional mail. Even you can block or unsubscribe the DoorDash from your mail account.
4. If your payment method expires or you want to remove the payment method
Take the initiative if the payment method expires or you want to remove the DoorDash payment method. If you want to remove the payment method do it via the mobile app. There is a specific process to remove the payment method, follow these steps carefully.
5. Unsafe behavior
You can report DoorDash immediately if you found any unsafe behavior from the DoorDash driver or the customer agent. Go to this site: DoorDash help center and make a complaint against any negative issue.
6. Extreme Lateness
DoorDash usually keeps track of the driver’s tiredness. It has a lateness policy that you can deal with if you experience it from the drivers. Since DoorDash has updated the record, you can complain about it while deleting the account.
DoorDash provides certain users with prepaid red cards for a demand delivery app. This card is a prepaid debit card. If there is any unauthorized usage of this card, DoorDash considers it as theft or fraud. So you should first report the loos immediately after losing the card.
Download Personal Information Before You Delete Your DoorDash Account
Take a moment to access and download your personal information before delete your DoorDash account permanently so you don’t lose them. When deleting your account, you must verify your identity with two-step authentication to download your personal information. Below are the steps for downloading your personal information:
- Step 1: Access your DoorDash account and visit edit profile menu.
- Step 2: Select Manage Account from the top-right corner.
- Step 3: Locate your requested archive and follow the on-screen instructions to download it.
Steps to Permanently Delete Your DoorDash Account Yourself
A DoorDash account holder can delete the account permanently or deactivate it anytime she/he wants if there are any odds with the delivery systems. You can do it on your own by just logging in to your account through a web browser. But there is complicacy in removing the account through your mobile app. However, here we’ll mentioning the process to delete the DoorDash account permanently.
Mobile app users: Delete DoorDash account on iPhone or Android phone
Sadly, you can’t delete your DoorDash account through the mobile app. But you can delete or uninstall the app to stop any connections between you and your DoorDash account. Uninstalling the app is kind of deactivating the account until you feel necessary for it. Here is how you can uninstall your app on your mobile device.
If you are an Android User
You can uninstall DoorDash from your Android device by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the settings menu
- Step 2: Click on the app or the installed app
- Step 3: Click on DoorDash from the list of apps
- Step 4: Click on uninstall and confirm to remove the app from your device
If you are an iOS user
Below are the steps for uninstalling DoorDash from your iOS device (iPhone, iPad).
- Step 1: You must first locate the DoorDash app on your device’s home screen.
- Step 2: Hold down the app icon on your phone until a pop-up appears
- Step 3: From the list of options, click on Remove app
- Step 4: Tap on the Delete app button on the next pop-up screen and confirm to remove the app.
Desktop users : Delete DoorDash account from your laptop or desktop PC
It is possible to delete the DoorDash account yourself by logging in with your account credentials and going to the settings menu and deleting it permanently. Before deleting the DoorDash account you have to understand the process. It is a simple process, so go through it.
- Step 1 : First, visit the DoorDash website via your web browser.
- Step 2 : Sign in to your account with your credentials.
- Step 3 : Click the menu icon in the left-hand corner, then select “Account“
- Step 4 : Then click on Manage Account
- Step 5 : Select “Delete Account”
- Step 6 : You will receive a verification code by email or on your device. Select “Verify“
- Step 7 : Click “Continue“
- Step 8 : Click “Delete Account” you will then be logged out of DoorDash and your account will be deleted.
Note: Before starting the deleting process, it is highly recommended to download your DashBoard account history that includes information about past transactions, especially for security purposes.
Steps to Permanently Delete Your DoorDash Account with DoorDash Customer Support’s Help
There is a difference between permanently deleting the DoorDash account and deactivating the account. Doing it through customer support actually deactivates your account. It’s almost similar to deleting the account, but the only difference is that you can restore it by contacting customer support. It means you can come back to DoorDash once you need it urgently. This process takes longer to make the deactivation happen. It is a wise decision to keep the account alive until you find a better service provider.
However, here are the steps to deactivate your DoorDash account.
- From the desktop browser, open the DoorDash customer support.
- Click on the Customer Option from the available menu options.
- The interface should show a form to fill it up with required information such as name, email, your phone number registered with the DoorDash.
- Now choose the Account category from the drop-down list.
- Then choose others from the subcategory drop-down.
- In the description section, you have to write down your decision to deactivate the account. Here you can write Request for account deactivation and then click on the Submit tab.
After your submission of the deactivation process, DoorDash will review your request and notify you via email or phone.
Can I Delete My DoorDash Account and Make a New One
Of course, you can. You can make a new account after deleting your current account. The old account gets vanished once you delete that and opening a new one is always okay from the DoorDash. But remember that you will have to use a different email id and phone number to create a new DoorDash account. Once you make a new one, you won’t be able to access any of the information related to your old account. That is why many DoorDash users opt for deactivation instead of deleting the account. So that they can get the account and information back once they reactivate it.
How Long Does It Take for DoorDash to Delete Your Account
The process may take a couple of days to delete your DoorDash account permanently. Usually, the DoorDash system takes 3 to 14 days in the deactivation process which is slow because of the system. The deleting process also takes the same time but only after your successful submission of the account deleting request.
Sequences to Cancel DoorDash Pass Subscription
Maybe you have decided to stop a DoorDash subscription. You can cancel DoorDash subscriptions by following these steps:
- Launch the DoorDash app on your phone.
- Click the account icon.
- Choose Manage DashPass from the menu
- Click on “End Subscription“
- The on-screen instructions will guide you through the process.
On a Web Browser
- Visit DoorDash website and log into your account.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on the = icon.
- Now, click on DashPass
- Simply click on the “End Subscription” button
- To proceed, follow the instructions on the screen.
Procedures to Deactivate a DoorDash Account
Deleting your DoorDash account doesn’t mean automatic deactivation of your DoorDash subscription. For account deactivation, you must take the help of DoorDash customer services. Here is the link to deactivate account which you can follow. When you submit your personal information as per your Dasher Account. It will remove your personal information following employment law. You also should dispose of any Dasher supplies if you have them. When you want to use Dash again, you can reactivate your account.
To deactivate a DoorDash account you must follow these steps:
- Follow the customer support service
- Input name, email, phone number
- Select Account from the “Category”
- Choose Name as “subcategory“
- In the description, you will explain the deactivation reason.
- Click on “Submit” to send a request
You will get a notification from the DoorDash representative.
You can stop notification in three steps:
- Delete the dasher app
- Send a text message replying “Stop“
- There is an option “unsubscribe” from email; you can click there to stop notification.
Ways to Delete Your Dasher/DoorDash Driver Account
Now, I’ll show you how to delete your DoorDash driver account.
- Start by removing all scheduled shifts
- You can deactivate your account by contacting DoorDash support
- After that, proceed as usual to delete your account. Make sure you have included the phone number or email address linked to your Dasher account.
- According to state employment law, DoorDash will remove your personal information.
- If you have supplies with you, you can dispose of them however you like.
You can reactivate your DoorDash account and continue using DoorDash as before by contacting DoorDash support.