I have been using the Venmo app since there was only the standard transfer option, which used to take 3 to 5 days to transfer the money. Imagine how painful it was to transfer the amount and wait for days to get a response from the client. I think my Venmo account survived only because the company decided to initiate the Instant Transfer facility. Since 2018, Venmo has allowed us to transfer funds instantly, which takes 30 minutes at most. To be honest, I have been watching my business rise since then beyond my expectations just because of the Venmo instant transfer feature. It’s because of my clients who also use the Venmo app that our business dealings have been so fast and reliable just for the blessing feature. Why wouldn’t that be?
Transferring money within 30 minutes instead of transferring that amount within 5 days! Venmo and I are now growing concurrently, as the technology Venmo has adopted and launched makes the company meet the demands of the modern-day. But remember that instant transfer charges more fees than standard transfer. Besides, I can add cash to my Venmo account from my Visa card within 30 minutes as well. If you have a Visa or MasterCard based in the country, then you can use the Venmo instant transfer automatically. Just add the card to your Venmo account using the Venmo app on your smartphone, and then perform any kind of instant transfer and purchase anything from selected merchants with instant payment.
How To Instantly Transfer Venmo Funds To Another Account?
My Venmo instant money transfer lets me send and receive money in a cash-free way. I just tap on my mobile screen and follow the instructions to instantly transfer the money, and within the next 30 minutes, the amount reaches the destined account. My merchant receives the payment instantly and gives me hassle-free feedback.
1. Venmo instant transfer to a bank account
As I said, the Venmo app has everything that allows me to transfer money to any type of account. Transferring instantly to a bank account is one of them, and I have to use this feature almost every day to deal with my clients. There are two steps you will have to follow to perform this transfer process.
- First, you will have to add your bank account to your Venmo account.
- Secondly, you will have to initiate the Venmo app on your mobile and follow the transfer instructions properly.
Don’t worry, you can get both steps done just by tapping on your smartphone screen. All you need to do is to install the Venmo app on your phone if it’s not installed yet.
Now let me show you how to add your bank account to your Venmo app.
- Open the Venmo app on your phone, and tap on the Menu indicator (small straight lines). Here you will see the settings page, and tap on the payment methods from the drop-down.
- Then the target option will appear after tapping on the payment methods. You will see the Add a Bank or Card option, which is important to add your bank account as a payment destination.
- Now, there is no other way than to select the bank option. Here you will have to enter the required information about your bank details.
- After that, the Venmo app will ask you to verify yourself according to the verification method.
After being done with the verification process, your Venmo app is ready to transfer funds to your destination bank account.
Now let me inform you about the transfer process as given below.
- Open the Venmo app on your smartphone by tapping on the icon on the screen.
- Navigate to the settings (☰) options and tap on them. The Transfer Money option will appear accordingly. Or you may find it as a “Transfer to Bank” option instead. But both the options lead to the same destination. So, don’t get confused.
- Tap on it and a new interface will appear to ask you about the transfer amount. Now enter the amount you want to send to the bank account.
- Here you will find Instant Transfer and 1-3 Biz Days or Standard Transfer options to choose from according to the situation. Since we are talking about Instant Transfer, you have to choose the Instant option, which requires a small fee, and the second one has no fee.
- Now select the bank account that you added as the linked account on the Venmo app.
- After that, the app will ask for your confirmation. You will confirm the details of the money transfer accordingly and tap on the Transfer option.
- Then you will see the money added to your bank account within 30 minutes.
2. Venmo instant transfer to a debit card
Venmo instant transfer is open and vast for its users. Transferring money to debit cards is common and essential for users like me. Since then, I have been adding several debit cards to my Venmo account and have been transferring money instantly to them. So, you will have to first add the debit card to your Venmo account and then follow the instructions to send money instantly to that card.
First, let me give you the instructions on adding a debit card to your Venmo account. You will just need your phone and the Venmo app installed on it.
- Open the Venmo app and tap on the Menu indicator (small straight lines).
- Tap on the payment methods from the drop-down.
- After tapping on the payment methods, it will show you the Add a Bank or Card option. Tap on it.
- Then tap on the card option.
- Now enter the debit card details (your name and card number). Or you can take a picture of the card and upload it to the Venmo app.
If the steps are followed properly, I think you can then start transferring money to the card instantly. Now follow the steps of instant transfer to your debit card that you just added.
- First, log in to your Venmo app from your smartphone by tapping on the icon on the screen.
- Tap on the (☰) option and the Transfer Money option will appear. It may also show the “Manage Balance” option. Then you may find the “Transfer to Bank” option. Keep in mind that both options lead to the same destination.
- After tapping on it, a new interface will appear to ask you about the transfer amount. So enter the amount you want to send to the debit card.
- Then tap on the Done option after entering the amount. Here you will find Instant Transfer and 1-3 Biz Days or Standard Transfer options. Choose the Instant option to transfer the amount within 30 minutes, which requires a small fee.
- Now choose the debit card just right next to the transfer option.
- Then tap on the green-colored Transfer option that is shown below the interface.
- After that, the app will show you the interface with all the information you just entered.
Hopefully, you will be able to see the money added to the debit card within 30 minutes.
3. Venmo instant transfer to a PayPal account
Here is an interesting fact. PayPal owns Venmo, but you can’t transfer money from Venmo to PayPal directly! You will have to use a third party to link up these two mobile payment services to perform the instant transfer.
All you need is
- A PayPal Balance account,
- A US bank account under the same name as your bank account,
- A Venmo account is under the same name as your bank account.
Then follow my instructions below to link the accounts up with each other.
Step 1: First you will have to link the Venmo account and your bank account, which I have already explained above. If the linking process is okay, then you are one step ahead. Now, you will have to transfer the money from the Venmo app to your bank account instantly. Follow the instructions below:
- Open the pre-installed Venmo app on your smartphone.
- Find the YOU icon on the home interface of the app and then tap on Transfer Balance.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer. Choose the Instant option, and tap on it.
- Now select and tap on the Bank account from the list which you have already added to the Venmo app.
- Then tap on the green Transfer option shown below the interface.
Now the Venmo balance has been transferred to your bank account, which will appear within 30 minutes on your bank account.
Step 2: Now secondly, you will have to transfer that balance from your bank account to your PayPal account. Hence again, your bank account should be linked to your PayPal account.
- Open the PayPal app from your phone. You can also log in to the website.
- Now scroll down on your phone screen and you will find the Link to a Card or Bank Account. Tap on it.
- Then you will see the Link a Bank Account as one of the two options. Tap on it.
- Now you will have to enter your Bank account details that you are going to link with PayPal. There you will see two transfer options. Tap on the Confirm Instantly to transfer money fast.
- Then tap on the Link to your Bank and PayPal will make two small deposits into your bank account. After entering the amounts, confirm the process. These steps might take from 1 to several business days to confirm the attachment.
After the successful procedure, you will get a confirmation text or email from PayPal about the bank account attached to your PayPal account.
Now it’s time to transfer the money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
- Open the PayPal app on your phone or log in to the website.
- Then tap on the PayPal Balance option and tap on the Add Money located below the interface.
- Now the interface will appear to enter the amount you want to add to your PayPal account. Enter the exact amount you already transferred from your Venmo account.
- Here, you will see the options that you want the balance from. So, tap on the bank account where you have already transferred funds from the Venmo account.
You are done from your side. Now, wait for the balance to be added to your PayPal account.
4. Venmo instant transfer to a Cash App account
Like Venmo, the Cash App is also for sending and receiving the money to other accounts within the same platform. I have to transfer money from Venmo to a Cash app frequently. Many of my business clients use the Cash app. But you can’t transfer money from one to another directly. The Venmo app does not have any option in the system that allows direct and instant fund transfers to another app, like the Cash app. But yes, you can send money from Venmo to the Cash app by following some extra steps that can lead you to transfer money from one app to another.
Let me show you how to set up the direct transfer system from Venmo to the Cash app.
First, you will have to make sure that you have both apps installed and activated on your phone. Then you will have to add the Cash app to your Venmo app payment method list. To do this, follow the steps carefully.
- Open the Venmo app on your phone, and tap on the Settings icon indicated by small straight lines. It should lead you to the payment methods. Tap on them.
- Then the main key interface will appear and you will have to proceed with care. The Add a Bank or Card option will appear. Both will appear individually as options to choose from.
- Here are the tricks you will have to play carefully. You will choose and tap on the Bank and add the Cash App as the bank. Now enter the Cash App numbers that you will have to copy from the app.
- After that, the Venmo app should ask you to verify yourself according to the verification method.
There is another way if you already have a cash card. With just one tap on the Card option from step 3 instead of Bank and with the Cash Card number, you can easily set up a direct deposit. Just enter the details of your Cash App Card manually, or you can also use the camera scanning option to upload the card details automatically.
Then you will get the transfer option ready to make transfers at any time if your procedure was proper and to the point. From now on the Venmo app will recognize your Cash App just like an authorized bank account. So, from now on, you will be able to transfer money from Venmo to a Cash app account. Now you can transfer anytime just by following these steps.
- Open the Venmo App on your phone.
- Find the Settings option from the Venmo app interface and tap on it.
- You will see the Transfer Money option. Tap on it to get the amount sections.
- Here you will have to enter the amount you are willing to transfer instantly.
- But as always, the app will show you two transfer options, Instant Transfer and Standard Transfer. Tap on the Instant option.
- Now you will have to select the Cash app account as a preferred bank account.
- Confirm the transfer details and then tap on the Transfer section.
- Hopefully, the amount you transferred will appear in your Cash App account soon.
How to instantly transfer money from the bank to Venmo?
So far, I have mentioned the ways to instantly transfer money from Venmo to other mediums. In reverse, you can also add money to your Venmo account. It’s like reloading the account. Otherwise, how would you maintain a balance in your Venmo account? Just follow the steps I am going to mention below to instantly add money to Venmo from your bank account.
- First, you will have to make sure your bank account is linked to your Venmo app like the way I mentioned above. If this step is done already, then you can proceed to step 2 which is to transfer the money.
- Now open the Venmo app from the phone interface. Tap on the Settings icon (“☰”) on the top right of the Venmo App interface. Here, you will see the Menu option. The new version of the Venmo App shows the person icon as the “You” option instead of the settings option.
- Whatever, you will find the Manage Balance option under your user name in the older versions of the app as I am using it. If you use the newer version, then you will find the Add or Transfer option directly. Whatever the version is, tap on the Manage Balance or Add or Transfer icon.
- Now it’s your turn to send the money to the Venmo app. When you select the Add Money option, the interface will ask you to enter the amount you want to add to your Venmo App. Enter the amount carefully and then tap on the “Done” option.
- Now, this step is the most important part as you will have to select the source of the payment. That means you will have to ensure that you want to add the bank account to transfer the money to your Venmo App. So, tap on the Bank Account option.
- This time you should check everything to make sure that the information you entered so far is going according to your plan. You cannot cancel the transfer process after completing the review process.
- If everything goes alright then confirm Add Money by tapping on it. The system will initiate the process of adding money the o your Venmo App.
What cards does Venmo accept for instant transfer?
Usually, Venmo instant transfers work with any Visa or MasterCard that participates in the instant transfer service. The Visa card instant transfer service is called the Visa Fast Funds, and the MasterCard instant transfer service is called the Mastercard Send. You can simply add any card to your Venmo app and check whether it participates in the instant transfer service or not. If the card is enrolled in the service, then the card is eligible to transfer money instantly. If it’s not, then you will see the card in the list greyed out. This means the card doesn’t participate in the instant transfer service currently.
Remember that the Venmo app allows you to add a maximum of four cards to your Venmo account. And there is a time limit for accommodating a card by adding or deleting it from your Venmo account. You can delete a card but will have to wait for six months to completely vanish it.
What banks work with Venmo instant transfer?
Any US bank that participates in the instant transfer services, works with the Venmo instant transfer. It’s not that you can perform a Venmo instant transfer to any bank in the country. Sometimes I also get confused with the list of banks. In that case, I follow a simple technique. I simply added the bank account to my Venmo app. Then if the bank works with Venmo instant transfer, you’ll see it in the list clearly and can send money to that account. That means the bank is participating in the instant transfer service and is eligible for Venmo instant transfer. If it doesn’t participate in the instant transfer service, then the bank account in the list should show up as grayed out. Then you won’t be able to perform a Venmo instant transfer to that bank account as it doesn’t participate in the instant transfer service. The only way to use the feature is by enrolling the bank in the instant transfer service. In that case, you can request that your bank that issued your account enroll in the instant transfer service.
What is the Venmo instant transfer limit?
The Venmo transfer limit varies on the condition of the transfer and the type of the account. The minimum amount you can transfer instantly is 26 cents. And the maximum amount varies. In the case of adding funds instantly to your Venmo account from a bank account, the limit is a maximum of $500 per week. An unverified Venmo account holder can transfer a maximum of $999.99 per week to a bank account. A verified Venmo account holder can transfer up to $19,999.99 per week. The largest amount you can send at a time is $2,999.99.
An unverified account holder can spend a maximum of $299.99 per week. After completing the verification process, you can spend up to $4,999.99 weekly through person-to-person transfers, in-app and online purchases. The spending limit is $6,999.99 when it is authorized merchant payments. You can spend a maximum of $2,999.99 on each transfer.
How much does Venmo charge for instant transfer?
Each transfer is subject to a 1.5% fee, with a minimum of $0.25 and a maximum of $15. Go to this page where you will find the exact amount of fees https://venmo.com/resources/our-fees. Venmo users tend to use instant transfer instead of standard transfer for its quick and fast transaction. Though instant transfer charges a fee I find it more suitable as I can transfer money even on a bank holiday. However, my advice is to make sure you have checked the deducted amount. If Venmo charges more than the regular rate, then you must contact the Venmo support team. If you want to skip the charge for an instant transfer, then you have the option of a standard transfer.
How long does Venmo instant transfer take?
Usually, instant transfers take only a few minutes to transfer funds. An instant transfer will complete the transfer within 30 minutes. When you use the instant transfer option, you will notice a green checkmark that ensures the transfer has been initiated. If you get “pending”, it means it will take more time to complete. If you face any problems don’t hesitate to use any of Venmo’s contact methods. There is no time limitation for instant transfer, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, you can use this method whatever you want. If the process takes longer you must contact the Venmo team. The team can help you with a better understanding.
How do I check on the status of my instant transfer?
When you tap instant transfer, you will notice a green checkmark that ensures confirmation of the transfer. Once the transfer is complete you will get a notification. Sometimes you may notice pending in your app which means you have to wait for 30 minutes. If you find any delay to transfer check the bank account statement before taking any action. Though it is OCT (Original Credit Transaction) real-time payment still delays can happen. Contact the Venmo service team if you see any errors. Even consider your bank account issue if the transfer is not completed.
Does Venmo instant transfer work on weekends?
An instant transfer may help you to transfer money any time you want. Either day or night, Venmo instant transfer will work 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Instant service is available 365 days a year even on holiday or weekend schedules. Remember that, an instant transfer can be affected by its service disruption. Moreover, your transfer could be blocked, reviewed, or declined for the identity issue. However, Venmo instant transfer allows you to transfer money anytime. It doesn’t matter what time it is.
How to turn off instant transfer on Venmo?
Venmo app is popular for its convenient and easy application. Until the app is introduced Instant transfer you have to go through the procedure. After completion of step to step you will notice two options; instant and Standard. When you select Standard as your transfer option, the instant transfer will turn off automatically. Now you will be able to use Venmo Standard Transfer. Even the support team can help you to turn off the instant transfer option. Before you have selected the option, I suggest you should double-check before tapping.
Why some time Venmo instant transfer not working or getting error?
There are several reasons Venmo review and decline instant transfer. Automated internal security measurement is one of the basic reasons for not working Venmo instant transfer. Double-check your Venmo account if the registered name is yours or not. Ensure that your account is legal or not. If your account is fine as still, you are facing this problem then Venmo is not available. If your account successfully worked before and now you are facing an error for an instant transfer, then consider a standard bank transfer for free. You also take help from Venmo customer service.
Why do standard transfers take longer than instant transfers?
The Instant transfer option is quite effective and faster than a standard transfer. It takes from a few minutes to 30 minutes.But usually, each instant transfer charges a 1.5 % fee. On the other hand, the standard transfer doesn’t require any fees. For the verification purpose, standard transfer uses ACH (automated clearing house) banking process. This process takes time around one to three business days to complete. Within one to three business days, the deposited amount reaches the bank account.