Nowadays, transferring money by cash, wire, bank draft, money order, or check might seem outdated in today’s technology-driven world. When electronic methods are available for transferring money between accounts, states, or even countries, traditional methods seem less popular. Also, these are some of the cheapest ways to transfer money, though the cheapest method will vary based on your circumstances.
People use electronic payment methods because of their popularity and convenience. There are many digital wallets in the market, but Google Pay and Cash App are the two that stand out as the best. The best part is that if you are in a situation where you need to transfer money from Google Pay to Cash App then you can do it. Here is why I am writing this article so that users can transfer money in between.
Is It Possible To Transfer Money From Google Pay To The Cash App?
Yes, it is possible to transfer money from Google Pay to the Cash app, but the process will be indirect. For easy money transfer, you must add your cash app card to your Google Pay account. You can also transfer money from Google Pay to a bank account. You can then deposit money into your Cash App Wallet from the same bank account.
How To Use Google Pay With The Cash App
As does Google Pay, the Cash App lets you send and receive money easily between friends, family, and contacts. It is only possible to send and receive payments with Google Pay using a few taps. It takes a few seconds to download and install the Cash App and Google Pay. You can create accounts on both Cash App and Google Pay once you’ve installed them.
After registering on these platforms, you will have to make a link between Google Pay and your account. Keep in mind that directly linking the Cash App to Google Pay is not possible. Through Google Pay, you can transfer money from the Cash App to Google Pay and vice versa by linking your Cash App Card to Google Pay.
4 Steps To Transfer Money From Google Pay To The Cash App
It is necessary to add your Cash App Card to Google Pay in order to be able to send money to Cash App. Unfortunately, you cannot add your Cash App card to Google Pay if you do not have a Google Pay account. The following is a step-by-step procedure for transferring money from Google Pay to Cash App:
Step 1: Setup a Google Pay Account
To begin, you will need to create an account with Google Pay. To set up a Google Pay account, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Google Pay App on your Android or iOS device according to your operating system.
- Now launch the app on your phone.
- The next step is to select the language you would like to use.
- To register for the app, please enter your login information. This number will be used to send you a confirmation message.
- Upon detecting the number, tap Continue.
- To complete the registration process, you will receive a one-time password that you must enter into Google Pay.
- Now it’s time to set the security feature for the app which is the same as your phone. Depending on your preference, you can set your own lock screen pattern. A variety of screen locks are available, such as PINs, patterns, passwords, fingerprints, and retinal scanners.
- When you’re done with these steps, your account will be ready.
- Your Google Pay account now lets you send and receive money.
Now we have our Google Pay account. We can proceed by linking a Cash App card to Google Pay.
Step 2: Add Cash App Card to Google Pay
It is necessary to link your Cash Card to your Google Pay account before making any transfers from your Google Pay account to your Cash App account. You can add the Cash App card to Google Pay in one of two ways: through your Cash App account or through the Google Pay wallet.
Following are the steps for registering a Cash Card with Google Pay:
- As a first step, you need to open the Google Pay application on your smartphone.
- Choose “Payment Method” from the drop-down menu.
- You will then need to select the option “Add Card” and confirm by tapping the “Proceed” option.
- You will need to enter the details of your Cash Card. Card details include the number of the card, the CVV, and the expiration date.
- Next, you should verify the account details.
- It will take a few minutes for your Cash Card to be successfully registered with Google Pay once the verification procedure is complete.
- You are now ready to transfer money from your Google Pay account to your Cash App account.
Step 3: Add Google Pay from Cash App
Adding a Cash Card to Google Pay from Cash App is as simple as the following:
- Open the Cash app on your phone.
- You can access Cash Card from the Cash App’s home screen by tapping it
- The next step is to select “Add to Google Pay”
- You will then be able to add your Cash Card to Google Pay by following the instructions.
Step 4: Finally, send money from Google Pay to the Cash App
You can now send money to Cash App once you’ve added your Cash App card to Google Pay. U.S. users can transfer money using Google Pay’s Transfer Out feature. Here’s how to send money from Google Pay to the Cash App:
- Launch the Google Pay app on your phone.
- Tap your profile icon at the top right of the home screen.
- Tap on your Google Pay balance under your profile.
- Then tap “Transfer out.” You can transfer any amount you want. Enter the amount.
- Then tap “Next”
- Here is where you can decide how you want to pay. So select the Cash App Card as a debit card. Transferring money out of your account with a debit card is usually instant. Fees for these transactions are 1.5% (minimum $.31).
- Finally, tap on the Transfer Out option.
3 Steps For Transfer Money From Google Pay To Cash App Using A Linked Bank Account
If your Cash App has already link with your bank account then you can proceed to transfer the money from Google Pay. There are some more steps that include the addition of the same bank account to Google Pay, withdrawal of funds from Google Pay, and transfer of funds from the bank to Cash App. If you wish to send money from Google Pay to Cash App using a linked bank account, you may do so by following the steps below:
Step 1: Link your bank account with Google Pay
If you wish to link your bank account to Google Pay, you will need to provide your bank account number and routing number. So, open the Google Pay app on your phone and follow these steps:
- Once you reach the bottom of the page, you will find an option that says “Send” where you will have to specify the amount of money and the recipient.
- Make sure that you tap the “Send” option again
- Choose “Add bank account” from the “Change” window when the payment method is selected.
- The next page will ask for information regarding your bank account. Provide the information accordingly.
- Select “Save” from the menu. To verify your account quickly, you may need to sign into your bank account or confirm the amount of a minor deposit, which may take a few days.
- Once your bank account has been confirmed, you may now use it with Google Pay.
Step 2: Send money from Google Pay to your linked bank account.
As soon as your bank account is linked to your Google Pay account, you will be able to withdraw funds directly from Google Pay into your bank account. You can withdraw money from your Google Pay account to your bank account as follows:
- You will need to open Google Pay.
- Choose “Google Pay” from the drop-down menu
- The next step is to navigate to the “Transfer Balance” option.
- Make sure you specify the amount you wish to transfer.
- Follow the prompts and transfer the funds to your bank account.
Step 1: Transfer money from your bank account to Cash App
Once you have funds in your bank account, you can transfer or add them to Cash App from the banking section. If you wish to add money to Cash App, you must have that bank account linked to it. Here is how to add money to Cash App from a bank account after opening the Cash App on your phone:
- On the home screen of the Cash App, select the “Banking” tab.
- Then select “Add Cash”.
- Enter the amount you wish to add to your account on the Add Cash screen, then tap “Add.”
- You automatically receive funds since you have a connected bank account.
- To confirm, you can use Touch ID or enter your PIN.
- At this point, the funds should have been transferred. As soon as the funds are transferred, you will be able to access them using your Cash App card.
Is There A Limit To The Amount Of Money I Can Send And Receive Using The Cash App?
On the Cash App, verified users can send 7,500 and receive unlimited amounts. Users with unverified accounts are limited to sending $250/week and receiving $1,000/month through the Cash App.
How Long Will It Take You To Transfer Money From Google Pay To Cash App?
Users can quickly get money from Google Pay to Cash App with an easy process. Usually, transferring money from Google Pay to Cash App can take 3 to 5 days, depending on the method you use. If you want to make the transfer as quickly as possible, you can use the Cash App Card. Since wire transfers take time to reflect in the receiver’s account, it may take a few days before the amount appears. In that case, Cash App users first need to add their Cash App cards to Google Pay, then transfer money from Google Pay to their bank account and deposit it.