Normally, you cannot withdraw money from ATMs without a debit card, but a new cardless system allows you to do this without a credit or debit card. Varo is that kind of popular online banking system that allows several ways to withdraw money without card. I am a regular Varo user and I prefer it to get all online banking functions without a card. I think many of you forget or feel heavy carrying cards with you all the time. It happens to me frequently while going out but interestingly I never faced any trouble withdrawing money from ATMs or banks. Because my Varo account allows me to withdraw money through the app and other payment methods without varo card. Though it is a new concept and not available everywhere. It all started a year ago when I used to forget to carry my debit card and faced trouble finding a way to cash. Fortunately, one of my business associates suggested this amazing Varo online banking system that I can use to facilitate my money in many ways.
Officially you can’t withdraw money from your account without your Varo card. But some legal banking solution allow you to withdraw money from cardless ATMs without the Varo card. To perform this hassle-free withdrawal, all you need is a participating bank account and the respective bank’s mobile application. There are other ‘hacks’ that I use and you can note those from this article further to avoid any hassles while withdrawing money from Varo without a card.
6 Methods to withdraw money from Varo account without card
Withdrawing money on the go with the ATM and debit card was a revolution in money management or transaction history. But now going to an ATM with bare hands and withdrawing money without any debit card is another level of technological revolution. I found my business easier from the day I get used to with Varo account and its card. Since then I discovered several ways to withdraw money from Varo without my card. Here is every way I know, you can choose either of them to make a hassle-free money withdrawal from Varo.
1. Using cardless ATM For withdraw money from Varo account
Varo makes it possible to withdraw money with a new digital bank cardless ATM. You just need a bank account, smartphone, and Varo app to get a cardless cash withdrawal from the nearest ATM. There are specific instructions about withdrawing money without a Varo card. But still, it’s a great opportunity and a great alternative to get your money easily. Make sure that your Varo card is linked to your smartphone, only then you can go for this option.
How cardless ATMs work?
Cardless ATMs enable you to access your bank accounts to conduct transactions without a debit card. Cardless ATMs are a new edition of the banking process that eliminates the risk of carrying your credit card. The first cardless ATMs has started in the USA in 2016 by Bank of America. Several banks and financial institutions have already adopted this new technology, Varo is one of them. By linking the ATM card to a mobile app and completing the verification you can easily withdraw money successfully. ATMs that don’t require cards can perform in several ways. There are two major types of technologies that have been used with these ATMs: App generated codes and Near-field communication (NFC)
- App generated codes : With the app-generated codes, some codes have to be generated regarding the verification process such as QR codes, Biometric verification, app verification code, etc.
- QR codes : A QR code can be scanned by the camera on your smartphone. On-screen, the design looks complex. Scan the code to verify from your mobile banking app. If your identification is verified, then you will be able to do the transaction at the ATM.
- Mobile App Verification code : It works with two-factor authentication for security purposes. This verification code will help you to use your mobile app for the transaction. After logging in to the app it generates a verification code that you will have to enter with the PIN. after entering the code properly, you will be able to get the transaction.
- Biometric verification : Biometric verification uses biometric data. Your bank can utilize your biometric details from your phone or laptop that has biometric features such as facial recognition or fingerprint scan. So, you have to permit your bank to process your biometric information to allow your withdrawal from a cardless ATM. These ATMs usually ask for a customer’s fingerprint, face, iris, and palm print to scan your information and it compares with stored data.
- Near field communication (NFC) : This technology works with Radiofrequency that lets your smartphone hold transmitting data from the receiver. Apple pay, Google Pay, Samsung pay use this NFC technology to enable ATMs.
Do cardless ATMs work with Varo?
Still, many people don’t know that Varo uses Cardless ATMs technology. Fortunately, Varo is one of the banks that allows cardless ATMs for banking transactions. Varo debit cards let you pay securely and swiftly with your iPhone and Android phone without carrying an ATM card. Varo has its target to make online transactions easier for banking development. By adding this feature Varo users will get a safe and easier translation. Users need to connect their Varo visa debit card with their smartphone. The mobile application of Varo helps to locate the nearest ATMs to connect.
Withdraw money from a Varo account using cardless ATM
If you want to reach the nearest ATM, you don’t have to go around looking for them. Withdrawing money from a Varo account using a cardless fee-free Allpoint ATMs can be done by searching the location. Visit to find near you atm location https://www.allpointnetwork.com/locator.html.
So, you will have to follow the instructions given below to make a cardless withdrawal from ATMs.
- Install the Varo app if it’s not on your mobile yet. Open it from the phone interface.
- From the Varo app interface, you will see the Move Money option to tap on it and a new interface will expose.
- Here the option will lead you to find an ATM near you that accepts cardless withdrawal.
- Now tap on the Find ATM option and the interface should show you the Several Cardless ATMs option. Here you will see the location of the cardless ATMs near you.
- Now go to the nearest cardless ATM from the locator shown in the Varo app. Check whether it supports mobile cash access or not.
- So, if it’s okay then choose the Mobile Cash Access option.
- Again, open the Varo app from your smartphone.
- Go to the Banking Options and select cardless ATM withdrawal from the interface.
- Now submit the amount to the ATM according to your need for withdrawal.
- You will get a security pin on the app interface immediately after the cash withdrawal request. Type the pin in the ATM. Remember to enter the exact pin you got through the app.
- If every step is done properly, then hopefully you will get the amount.
2. Withdraw money from Varo using other applications such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal
This is another opportunity for Varo account holders to use third-party digital apps while withdrawing money without the card. There are many payment method apps in the market such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, and many others. You can choose any of those applications to use as an alternative payment method to your Varo card. To perform the payment transaction regularly, you will have to link any of the applications to your Varo card.
Two different sources allow the transfer process. You can transfer through the ACH transfer or the Varo instant transfer. Now let me show you the process through the steps below.
If you want to link your Varo card to Google Pay as a payment method then the process should be like this:
- Download the latest version of the Google Pay app on your smartphone
- Open the app to link it with your Varo card.
- Tap on the Profile Picture icon on the Google Pay app interface.
- You will be led to a new interface where you should find Bank Accounts and Cards option. Tap on it and you will see the Add Card option.
- Here you will have to submit your Varo card information such as your name, the card number, expiration date, and the Card Verification Value. Then tap on the Save to proceed to the next step.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to you to verify that it’s you and everything is ok. You will get the OTP through email or the contact number you provided during the registration for the Google Pay app.
- When done with the verification properly, you will see the Activate option. Select it and you will be able to perform money transactions through this digital app.
Good thing is that you can add several different apps to your Varo account so that you can choose any of the alternatives during the payment transaction.
3. Transferring Varo funds to your other bank account
Let’s talk about how to transfer funds to your Varo account from another bank account. There are different processes in detail, just go through them.
Setup Varo bank transfers to a different bank
Another method of transferring money by using another bank card. Though it’s a time-consuming process still can help you to withdraw money. In the beginning, the user should link a bank account with a Varo app. Here are some steps to withdraw cash by using another bank card.
- Go to the account page, select “Link an account”
- Search external bank if you don’t get any icon
- After selecting bank pick that with the web address where you used to log in before.
- Now you have to input the user name, password and tap “Submit”
- Follow the instruction from the bank, if they instruct you to input your email id, password, etc.
- Respond with the instruction until your external account appears, when you see that means your account is successfully linked.
Transfer money to the external bank with using Varo App
Linking with the bank account has finished, now follow the steps for transferring money from Varo to another account.
- Turn on the Varo app and select “Move Money” < “Transfer Money”
- Choose the Varo bank account (which account wants to receive the money)
- Under the transfer amount, you will find the limit. (each transfer is limited to $5000 per month and $10000 per calendar year)
4. Send money to your friend’s Varo account for withdraw the money
If you don’t have a Varo card, asking a friend who does have a Varo card and is available to help you can be an excellent way. There are no fees associated with transferring money from one Varo account to another. Follow some steps below:
- First, open the Varo app and log in
- At bottom of the screen, you will get “Move Money”
- There you will find “Varo to Varo transfer”
- Enter the recipient’s email address (whom you want to send)
- Again, check the transfer
- If the recipient’s information is correct then send the amount
Make sure, you checked properly because the transfer will not be canceled. Check twice before sending the amount. Not only transferring between Varo users are free but also instant. This means you can transfer the money quickly and without paying. Remember, you only transfer funds up to 50 times per day and up to $2000 per 30 days.
5. Use another bank card to withdraw money from Varo
When you don’t have a Varo card, you should use another bank card to withdraw. An account-linked debit card or a credit card can be used for this purpose. By using a second debit card, you can transfer money from your linked bank account to your Varo account via ACH or bank wire. However, this process can take some time to complete. After completing the transfer, you will be able to get cash from your Varo account. This method requires an account and card from another bank or credit card.
6. Get a prepaid debit card to withdraw money from Varo
If you forgot your Varo card at home, don’t worry!Digital cards allow you to make payments. This method is especially for those who want low-fee transactions. For international travelers, it can be a great option to meet everyday banking needs. You can avoid ATM withdrawals when you are traveling abroad. This prepaid debit card is available to use for multi-currency balances.
- After opening the Varo app, click “Account details”
- Input the card details (name, address, account number, card verification value (CVV), etc.
- Now, make payments
Before withdraw money from Varo account
There are several facts that you should keep in mind during the withdrawal from your Varo account. If you are looking for a way to withdraw money from Cardless ATMs, you will have to keep your Varo app updated and linked to your phone. If you want to use the second option, then it requires you to connect to the Varo account properly. Suppose you want Apple Pay as your payment method. Then connect Apple Pay with your Varo account and then withdraw money or pay during purchases.
Remember that during the withdrawal from cardless ATMs you have to input the pin and automatically generated codes carefully. And only input the amount that is available in your Varo account.
You have all of these options to withdraw money from your Varo account without a Varo card. I think these methods can make it easier to handle your money. This is why I use my Varo account to withdraw money whenever I need it. You can use a Varo account to do your everyday banking. There are no hidden fees, monthly fees, or any balance requirements. Withdrawing money from Varo without a card is simple and easy. Just get into a nearby ATM that allows cardless withdrawal. Use the Varo app from your phone and withdraw the amount you need.
Besides digital financial wallets like Google Pay, PayPal, or Apple Wallet let the Varo card connect internally. By connecting any of them, you can pay during any purchases without the Varo card. So, my experience with Varo can insist you confidently open an account if you are still unregistered and then enjoy the freedom of cash transactions from any of their available options.