We need cash for various purposes, sometimes making us withdraw from our cards. People need different transactions to deal with their business and other financial activities, and thus there is a need to transfer funds to a bank account. The vanilla gift card is a convenient way to pay for things online and send money to family and friends. Each card comes with money loaded on it. In an emergency, knowing how to transfer money from a Vanilla card to a bank account can be helpful if you have one. Transferring the balance from a Vanilla Visa gift card into a bank account is a great way to get cash. You can pay bills, transfer money to other accounts, or even withdraw cash when it’s in your bank account.
Transferring your Vanilla gift card balance to your bank may seem hard, but it’s not. Now that you can manage your balance online let’s show you how fast you can transfer money to your bank.
Can I transfer money from my Vanilla card to a bank account?
The vanilla card is not like other debit cards. It’s a prepaid card with cash that you can use in stores. And you can turn your Vanilla card funds into cash by sending them to your bank account. But you can transfer the funds indirectly. Like you can’t use your Vanilla card at an ATM, you can’t transfer money from a Vanilla card directly to a bank account. There are a few indirect ways to get money from Vanilla to your bank account, though.
How to transfer money from my Vanilla card to a bank account?
Although it’s easy to use, transfer, and reload Vanilla card but it’s tricky to send money to your bank account. There isn’t a direct way to send money to an outside bank account in Vanilla. You may still have a few convenient options for sending these prepaid funds through your bank. PayPal and Venmo are the two most popular, user-friendly, and quick ways. Here are some methods you will have to use.
Transferring money from Vanilla card through PayPal
To transfer money using this method from Vanilla card, you must have a PayPal account and, of course, a linked bank account. But don’t worry if you don’t have a PayPal account. It’s a simple process to open a PayPal account. A PayPal account requires some standard documentation such as your name, phone number, home address, bank account, and possibly proof of identification. You’ll need to link your bank account to receive the funds from your Vanilla gift card after creating a PayPal account. Your Vanilla card can be paired with your PayPal account to help you fund your transactions. As a result, you can process money from a PayPal account for a bank transfer and withdraw later to get your cash. There might be a 3% fee for this.
First, you need to link your vanilla card to PayPal if it’s not linked yet. Here’s how to connect your Vanilla card to PayPal.
- You’ll need to sign in to your PayPal account. Apart from the desktop web browser, you can also use the app on your smartphone.
- Find and tap the “Wallet” option at the top of the app interface.
- You will see the “Link a card or bank” option under the cards or banks that are already linked to your PayPal account.
- Then choose the “Link Card” option and add your Vanilla card details by responding to the prompts.
- Follow the instructions to link your PayPal account to the Vanilla card linking process.
Hopefully, you successfully linked your Vanilla card to your PayPal account.
Now you can transfer money from your Vanilla card to the Bank account through your PayPal account like this:
- Launch your PayPal app on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Tap on your PayPal balance.
- You will find the “Transfer” option. Tap on it.
- Then tap the “Transfer Money” option.
- Now choose the bank account linked to your PayPal account to which you wish to transfer funds.
- Put in the amount you want to transfer.
- Finally, review and verify to complete the transaction.
Transferring money from Vanilla card through Venmo
Adding a Vanilla card to your Venmo account is almost similar to adding Vanilla to PayPal that I mentioned above. After adding Vanilla card to your Venmo account, you add fund In your Venmo account from Vanilla card. Following similar steps, you can link your Venmo account to your bank account and start the fund transfer process. The steps for transferring money from Venmo to a bank account are as follows.
- Launch the Venmo app on your phone and sign in to it.
- Find the menu icon in the top left corner of the app interface and tap on it.
- You will find the “Transfer to Bank” option to select it.
- Now enter the amount you want to transfer from your Vanilla card to your bank account.
- Tap the Transfer option to confirm it.
- Select the “Confirm Transfer to Bank” option.
You can set up Venmo pretty quickly. You just need your name, phone number, email address, and bank account.
Also read : How To Withdraw Money From Venmo Without A Card
Which Banks work with Vanilla?
There are a lot of banks that work with Vanilla. Such banks issue vanilla Visa® Gift Cards as MetaBank®, TBBK Card Services, Inc., N.A., and Sutton Bank with a license from Visa U.S.A. All of these banks are FDIC insured. It means your money is safe all the time. On the back of your card, you’ll see the issuing bank.
Bancorp Bank issues Vanilla Discover® Gift Cards, which are also FDIC-insured, ensuring their security. By contrast, Vanilla Mastercard Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank, The Bancorp Bank, N.A., or Sutton Bank under the license of Mastercard International Incorporated.