Afterpay and other buy now pay later plans have become more popular, especially since people have been shopping at home more. Shopping and paying online have been easy with Afterpay. Paying off your purchases on time is possible if you’re disciplined. You can shop and pay interest-free with Afterpay. So, if you want to buy something online, but your direct deposit isn’t there yet, you can still do it.
On the contrary, Chime is a financial technology company whose banking facilities are licensed by the Central National Bank. Chime believes everyone should have financial peace of mind. So, they’re building an easy-to-manage online bank account to help members get ahead. Several buy now pay later options are available on Chime. But the question is, does Afterpay accept Chime? Perhaps yes, but let’s take a closer look.
What cards does Afterpay accept?
As we said, Afterpay and AMEX accept almost all domestic credit and debit cards. It doesn’t matter what type of card you have; from Visa to MasterCard, Afterpay takes them all. It’s helpful to know that credit cards issued by overseas banks can’t work with Afterpay. Until the final update we got, Capital One had forbidden their cards from being used for Apple Pay transactions.
Does Afterpay accept Chime and Chime Card ?
Chime is a payment method that Afterpay accept, and you can use the Chime debit card to make payments. So far, customers haven’t had any problems using Afterpay with Chime. It works well to pay your Afterpay loan from Chime. Afterpay is a popular Buy Now Later app from the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada and New Zealand. Along with Chime, Afterpay accept lots of other payment methods.
Adding the Chime Debit card to the Afterpay app is simple since the app accept all major debit and credit cards. You can either set it up as an automatic payment method or as a manual payment method. Using the Chime Card for manual payments is also possible if you use the “Pay Now” option on the due date. For Afterpay to work, you must meet other requirements.
How much does Afterpay’s interest rate cost?
Shoppers who don’t pay interest can save money instead of using credit cards. If you choose Afterpay, you will not receive rewards for your purchases. There won’t be any high-interest rates either. Because, Afterpay does not charge interest on its services. The late payment penalty fees are the only penalty fees involved.
How to add a Chime debit card to Afterpay?
In addition, you may have also mentioned that you are using Afterpay as well as Chime since they are integral to being in tune with the debit card.
With Afterpay and Chime, there’s no rocket science involved since the entire methodology can be understood by anyone regardless of what the technical terms may be. Do you find it challenging at all? Now let’s look at it:
- Step 1 : In order to use Afterpay, you need to access the official website first. On your desktop computer or your smartphone, visit the Afterpay website through the browser.
- Step 2 : The first time you visit the official website of Afterpay, you will find them across the screen where you will have to choose your country and select the right option.
- Step 3 : You can tap the login option when you are entirely new to this portal and may not have to create an account by selecting the sign-in option and then moving forward.
- Step 4 : You will now need to log in and navigate to the profile. You can do this by searching for the My Account option and selecting it.
- Step 5 : Searching for the Billing Par once you are in the profile section would be best. If you have trouble finding the icon, try searching for one that looks similar to your Card. Click the following button after clicking that button.
- Step 6 : This process is initiated when you tap on the button for the thing, like the Payment Method option in the billing section.
- Step 7 : Insert the details of the Chime card in the fields dedicated to Payment Method under the Payment Method menu. This is an essential step, and you should proceed with caution. A simple error can result in your Card being rejected. Using Afterpay through the Chime Card is now all set for you.
Afterpay: Pros and Cons
A key goal of Afterpay is to make online shopping accessible to people without racking up debt. It is estimated that the average purchase amounts to $150. In short, Afterpay helps you get what you need and pay it off over time according to your budget.
Although there are benefits, there are also some potential drawbacks. A specific situation where Afterpay (or any other buy now, pay later service) can cause trouble is when you make more purchases than you are able to pay back. Taking out short-term installment loans and shopping frequently online could lead to debt problems. Paying it back can be challenging when you add interest and fees on top of your debt. Having too many to buy now and paying later balances can negatively impact your credit score.
Which Card does Afterpay accept?
It has been mentioned above that Afterpay accepts nearly all domestic credit and debit cards. Whether you have a Visa or MasterCard, Afterpay services accept them all. It should be noted that credit cards are issued by overseas banks that do not work with Afterpay. The only exception is Capital One credit cards, as they have decided that their credit cards cannot be used to buy and pay with Afterpay.