Whenever you place an order for food with DoorDash, you will need to pay for it. Fortunately, DoorDash offers a wide variety of payment options for customers. Imagine ordering food through DoorDash and paying using Apple Pay. In this article, we will discuss the question of whether DoorDash accept Apple Pay.
The good news is that yes, DoorDash accept Apple Pay as a payment method. Both convenient giants are working together, which is great news for those who do not have in-depth knowledge of the issue. Keep reading to find out how to set up Apple Pay as your default payment on DoorDash, and much more!
How to Use Apple Pay at DoorDash
You have to add your card to your DoorDash account if you want to use Apple Pay. When you use Apple Pay, adding your information is easy, whether you’re using the mobile app or the computer. Here you can find both the steps to integrate Apple Pay with DoorDash.
Adding Apple Pay on The DoorDash App
Adding Apple Pay information to the DoorDash mobile app is as simple as following these steps:
- You’ll first want to visit the DoorDash app using an Apple device. It could be an iPhone or iPad, but if you don’t have the app yet you can download it from the Apple app store.
- Select “Account” from the menu in the bottom left-hand corner
- Tap on “Payment” in the “Account Settings” section
- Then tap on the “Credit/Debit Card” option under “Add Payment Method.”
- Once you’ve done those steps, you can manually enter your Apple Pay card number, security code, and expiration date, or just scan your physical card.
You’ll then see your Apple Pay info in your DoorDash account after following these steps.
Now order food and pay with Apple Pay at DoorDash
While ordering your favorite meal through the DoorDash mobile app, you will now want to use Apple Pay to make a payment. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Launch the DoorDash App on your Apple device, whether it is an iPhone or an iPad
- Find a restaurant or food that you would like to order.
- Explore the menu of the restaurant you wish to order from.
- Take a look at their menu and select one of the food categories you are interested in, such as soups, desserts, chicken, etc.
- You may select the dishes you wish to order, or if you do not wish to order any dishes from that category, you may return to the menu.
- Then tap on “Add to Order” once you’re done selecting your dish.
- As you continue to add dishes to your order list, ensure that it is complete.
- Make an online payment by clicking “View Cart” when you’re ready to finish your order.
- You may apply a promotional code if applicable.
- Proceed to the checkout process once you have checked your subtotal.
- You need to verify your delivery location and instructions (if it’s wrong, edit it).
- Then add a Dasher tip. It is optional, but we can provide assistance and support to others in need.
- Since you’re using Apple Pay, pick Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Confirm the total and place your order
Enjoy your favorite meal this way without having to go outside when you need it immediately.
Adding Apple Pay on Your Computer
You can edit your payment info on your computer too if you use DoorDash’s desktop platform. Here’s how you can add Apple Pay info to your computer:
- Visit the DoorDash website and log in
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click the menu icon (three stacked lines)
- Select “Payment” from the menu
- On the “Add New Payment Method” page, click on the arrow next to “Credit/Debit Card.”
- You will need to enter the Apple Pay card number, CVC code, expiration date, and billing zip code
- To save your information, click on “Add Card”
Furthermore, if you’ve saved more than one credit card, click on the three dots next to the one you want to set as your default. Once you have selected “Set Default”, you will be able to make your Apple Pay card the default payment method.
Other Payment Methods DoorDash Accept
There are several ways in which you can pay for your order through DoorDash. The following is a list of all the DoorDash payment methods.
- Credit or Debit Card: With DoorDash, you can pay with a debit or credit card. Just fill out the app with your card information, like the number, expiration date, and CVC. You can also scan your card with the app if you don’t want to enter this info manually. My card info is usually manually entered because I find this feature pretty unreliable.
- Google Pay: Using Google Pay is a convenient way to pay for online purchases, from Amazon to small businesses. If you already use either of these apps on your phone, you can link it to DoorDash.
- PayPal: If you have a PayPal account, you can connect it to DoorDash Because it works digitally, you do not have to make exact changes to your food order.
- Gift Card: Using a DoorDash gift card is a great way to pay for your food. You can deposit funds into your account whether you receive the card for a birthday, for a holiday, or for a significant accomplishment.
- Venmo: You can use it to exchange cash with your family and friends, but you can also use it for goods and services. The DoorDash app lets you link your Venmo account easily. When you click Venmo in the payment section, you’ll get an alert asking if you want to link your Venmo account to DoorDash.
Also read : How To Delete Payment Method On DoorDash
Payment Methods That DoorDash Does Not Accept
DoorDash is unable to accept two types of payments that people ask about. The first option is cash. DoorDash does not accept cash payments for orders. Tipping in cash is possible, but it’s better to tip in the app so your order gets picked up by a driver. And DoorDash orders can’t be paid for with Cash App. For some reason, DoorDash doesn’t currently work with Cash App, but they work with other digital payment methods. It’s still possible to use Cash App with DoorDash so you can use your Cash card that way.
Can I get Cashback while using Apple Pay at DoorDash
Apple will reward you with cashback if you use the Apple Pay Card and the stores accept it like DoorDash. Additionally, Apple Pay Card holders have access to a wide range of rewards and discounts. The cashback does not have a transaction limit, and you may receive it as many times as you like.
Every transaction can earn you up to 3% cashback. Additionally, Apple credit cards offer cash back, which means you can save more money. By using your Apple Pay card for purchases, you can earn up to $40 in cashback. You can also use Apple Pay in the Apple Store to buy Apple products.
The Apple Pay cashback program is easy to use, and there are no annual fees. In addition, Apple plans to expand the cashback program to include more merchants. You can find Apple’s exact terms and conditions on their website. Regular shoppers should use the Apple Pay Card to earn cash back on every purchase. Over time, this can result in significant savings.
Benefits of Using Apple Pay at DoorDash
Together, Apple and DoorDash are working to make transactions effortless for their customers. Here are some benefits of using the Apple Pay app to access DoorDash’s services.
- You can also track your DoorDash orders with the Apple Pay app. Your credit/debit card information is kept secure with Apple Pay’s encryption technology.
- You can save money by adding a debit card to Apple Pay for convenience and savings.
- Apple Pay with a contactless payment system lets you make one-click payments. Customers can easily pay for food using their iPhones using Apple Pay. It is also possible to pay for drinks and cab rides using the contactless payment system. There is no need to carry around a physical wallet or credit card reader since the process is secure and convenient.
- The Apple Pay system also accept major credit cards. It makes DoorDash’s payment system more accessible to more people.
- Apple Pay uses tokenization to protect customers’ card information as part of its secure payment system. Your credit card number isn’t stored on the device; Apple stores it on its servers.
- Apple Pay cards give you cashback on purchases. You can save money by using Apple Pay cashback, and you can use the money for investing, among other things. Cashback offers are limited, but they are usually valid for a couple of weeks.
- You use Apple Pay at a DoorDash restaurant just like at a traditional restaurant: you put your iPhone near the NFC reader, enter your credit card info, and get a receipt.
Why Your DoorDash Not Accept Apple Pay? What Should You Do
Several reasons may explain why your DoorDash doesn’t accept Apple Pay. The following are some of them.
- One reason might be that you do not have the latest version of DoorDash. If you want to use Apple Pay, you may also need to update your Apple Pay settings or add another payment method.
- Ensure that you have an active Apple Pay account. Sometimes Apple Pay accounts are not set up correctly, which can cause problems. You can fix this by checking the settings in your Apple Pay account. You can contact customer support for assistance if none of the steps above helps.
- Thirdly, there may be a problem with DoorDash’s servers. Obviously, in this case, you cannot do anything except wait for the problem to be fixed.
- ApplePay will not process a payment if you don’t have enough funds on your card. If you have problems making a payment with DoorDash, you can try paying with a different method.
- There is an expiration date on your credit card or it is about to expire. Logging into your account will also allow you to check the status of your payment. If you still need assistance, contact your bank or card issuer.
Is Apple Pay Safe to Use with DoorDash
Fortunately, Apple Pay is extremely secure and DoorDash accept it. There is no doubt that Apple Pay is a more secure and safer method of payment than using credit, debit, or prepaid cards in the physical sense.
If you use Apple Pay, you will need to verify your purchase by using your face ID, Touch ID, or phone passcode. This ensures the security and privacy of your financial information. In particular, this is important when shopping online, as it prevents fraudsters from gaining access to your personal information.
Moreover, Apple Pay does not keep any personal information about your transactions. It’s also possible to view all your Apple Pay card information, such as the card number, CVC code, and expiration date. In this way, Apple Pay keeps your card number and personal information private.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the form of payment that DoorDash takes?
You may pay for your DoorDash order with any major credit or debit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, a DoorDash gift card, prepaid cards, or cash. You may also save multiple payment types on your account at the same time with DoorDash. Prior to placing an order, you may select the type of payment you wish to use.
Does DoorDash accept debit & prepaid cards?
If you save a credit card or debit card on the DoorDash app, you can use it to pay for your order. You can add multiple credit cards to your account and choose the one that is most appropriate for the order when you place it. Upon completion of an order, DoorDash charges the card for the amount of the order.
Does DoorDash offer gift cards?
Your DoorDash account allows you to use gift cards as a payment method. DoorDash also sells gift cards, which make it a convenient way to pay for your meals. No matter whether you receive a card for your birthday, a holiday, or a significant accomplishment, you can deposit funds into your account.
Does DoorDash take cash?
Yes, DoorDash accepts cash payments. As a payment option, DoorDash will accept cash if the merchant and delivery driver accept it.
Are there any additional fees for using Apple Pay on DoorDash?
Using Apple Pay on DoorDash does not incur any additional fees. DoorDash requires you to pay exactly the amount shown on the bill, but no more. Additionally, Apple Pay users receive a cashback offer with every purchase they make.