First, I want to make it clear in brief how I came to know about the Venmo and Cash app. I run a small business in my area which makes me trade with different vendors of the product I deal with. While dealing with money transactions, I started learning about the Venmo app and discovered that millions of people already use this money transfer application. I also have to use the Cash App to adjust with my clients for sending and receiving money with ease. It’s good that both the apps have several millions of subscribers.
I found that both the Venmo and Cash App work the same. You can send and receive money using both apps using your smartphone. But the key advantage of both apps is the security of the money I want to transfer to another account. The encrypted technology works as a peer-to-peer online platform that protects my money from any third party or hackers. There are transfer fund options to deal with the fund transfer in my business. If you are new to the Venmo app and have questions on how to transfer money from Venmo to a cash app without a bank account, then I can help you here in the article.
Can you transfer your money from Venmo to Cash app ?
Both the Venmo and Cash apps are for sending and receiving money within the same platform. But many of the people I know have the first question to ask whether I can transfer my money from Venmo to a Cash app. It’s not easy to answer in a word. If you want a general answer, then I have to say that you can’t transfer money from one to another directly. There is no option in the Venmo app that I found to transfer funds to another app like the Cash app. But yes, you can send money from Venmo to the Cash app following some steps that can lead you to transfer money from one app to another. I also followed the steps and I can now transfer money from the Venmo to Cash app successfully. But I am suggesting two methods to make this transfer. Before going to a permanent money transfer solution from Venmo to Cash app, you have to decide which method is suitable for you.
- You can use the direct deposit feature of the Cash app account to transfer money from venmo to cash app without have a bank account.
- Or you can link your both Venmo and Cash app accounts to a common bank account.
Remember that each method requires you to know and follow several steps. I already executed the procedure and have been enjoying the money transfer from my smartphone. Both the apps work on both iOS and Android phones. So, it won’t be a problem for you to use them regularly. Please note that The Venmo app only works within the US and the Cash app works in both the UK and US. But money sender and receiver require to be in the US as the apps or money transfers don’t work outside of the US.
In this article, I am going to share details of the methods and other facts about money transfer from Venmo to Cash App from my experience. Hopefully, my experience will help you with transferring money from Venmo to the Cash app.
Method 1: Transfer money from Cash app to Venmo without a bank account
Using direct deposit feature of Cash app account
There is this feature that you can turn our cash app account into a bank account. It means you can use your Cash App account as a bank account and you can treat it like a bank account. So here you have to install and activate the Cash App on your smartphone first. There are both iOS and Android versions, so it won’t be a problem whether you use an Apple phone or another Android phone.
Set Up direct deposit on Cash app
Direct deposit means a system called direct electronic transfer where you can switch funds from one account to another. But first, you will need to find out the Cash app account and routing numbers. I am going to mention here step by step. But it’s easy when you already have a Cash App Card, a debit card from the Cash App. It’s very simple to obtain a Cash App debit Card which you can get from your Cash App settings.
- Tap your Cash App on your mobile screen.
- Then Tap the Card option on the bottom left of the app interface.
- Tap on the Fee Cash Card option.
- There will be a style customization option. You can choose your color but remember that some exclusive styles demand an extra amount as a charge.
- Now tap the Order Card option.
- Now, you will get a new credit card number immediately. You can use this number virtually to purchase online.
- Cash App will send you the physical card which may take around a week to reach your address.
Find your Cash app account and routing numbers
The cash app account and routing numbers are required to set up the direct deposit for your Cash App account. If you already have the Cash App Card, then you already have the account number. Otherwise, I am going to show you the steps to follow to get the cash app account and routing numbers.
- First, open the Cash App on your phone and tap the dollar sign “$” on the top of the screen.
- Then you will see the “My Cash” option. There you will find the “Cash” option with a dollar “$” sign next to it and tap on it.
- Then navigate to the option named “Direct Deposit” and tap on the “Get Account Number” option.
- An interface will pop up named “Enable Account”, tap on it.
- Then an interface will appear with the “Copy Account Details” section under the account information option to tap on it.
- Here you will see the “Copy Routing Number” and “Copy Account Number”. Select the options and the information will be stored in your device clipboard automatically. You can copy the number to some other locations you think are safe.
So now you have the account number and routing number from either of the options I mentioned. I hope you find it easy with this article.
Add Cash app account credentials to your Venmo account
Now it’s your turn to incorporate those accounts and routing numbers with your Venmo account. Before following the steps, open the Venmo app on your smartphone. Then
- After opening the Venmo app, tap on the Settings option indicated by small straight lines. Here the settings page will open and select the “Payment Methods”
- After tapping the “Payment Methods’ ‘, the main section will come which I have been talking about. Here the “Add a Bank or Card” option will appear.
- My suggestion is to choose the “Bank” option and add the Cash App as the Bank. Now enter the Cash App numbers that you copied earlier.
- Then the Venmo app will ask you to verify yourself according to the verification method.
I mentioned earlier about the alternative option which is using the Cash Card. With a Cash Card number, you can easily set up the direct deposit much easier. Follow the simple steps to incorporate the Cash Card numbers.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 which I mentioned above to incorporate the account and routing numbers.
- Step 3 is the turning point which is an option to add your Cash Card to the Venmo account instead of the Bank. So, select the “Card” option from the “Add a Bank or Card”.
- Now enter details of your Cash App Card manually. Or you can also use the camera scanning option to upload the Card details automatically.
After processing all these steps successfully, you will get the transfer option ready to make transfers anytime. You will get a notification that your Cash App is successfully linked to your Venmo App. It means the Venmo app will recognize your Cash App as the authorized bank account. So, from now on, you will be able to transfer money from Venmo to a Cash app account. For your easy transferring process, I am going to explain the process also. So that you don’t need anybody to ask any more questions in this regard.
Transfer money from Venmo to cash app without having a bank account
After the successful installation with the Cash app to your Venmo account, you can think it’s ready to transfer anytime just following these steps.
- Open the Venmo App from your smartphone.
- Go to the “Settings” option from the Venmo app and tap on it.
- “Transfer Money” option will appear and tap on it to get the amount sections.
- Here you will see two options to transfer money. One is the “Instant” which requires a small fee as a charge and another is “1-3 Biz Days” which does not charge any fee.
- Now you will have to select the Cash app account or Cash Card as a preferred bank account. If you incorporated the Cash card Debit card previously then select it.
- Now after completing the card and amount incorporating option, confirm the transfer details and tap on the “Transfer” section.
- Soon you will find the money transferred to your Cash App account.
If you select the instant option, the transfer process will take around 30 minutes and a 1% fee will be applicable as a transfer charge. Based on the amount the fee will start from $0.25 to a maximum of $10. But you can opt for the “1-3 Biz Days” option if you don’t need the money to be transferred urgently.
So finally, the method I mentioned above should help you. I have this confidence because people around me transfer money successfully from Venmo to Cash App.
Some facts about Cash app debit card
Cash App debit is helpful if you have scopes to use it. I use it because I have some sellers who are listed merchants and I get zero charges while dealing with them. But there is a transfer fee when you use the Cash App debit card for transactions. As I discussed earlier the charge is around 1% which ranges from $0.25 to $10 maximum. If you buy the authorized merchant’s product then there will be no charge while purchasing from them. But if you deal with the merchants out of your list then you will have to pay a 3% fee. Again, you can order this plastic card through the Cash App from your smartphone where there is an option to order it online.
Method 2: Transfer money from Cash app to Venmo with a bank account
Linking both apps to the same bank account
It’s another way to transfer money from Venmo to a Cash App. I activated this option to manage any hassle in case. Here I linked both the Venmo and Cash app to my bank account so that I can transfer money from a Venmo account to a Cash App account indirectly. First, you have to transfer funds from the Venmo app to your bank account. Second, you will send the amount from your bank account to the Cash app account. Although it’s an unusual and a bit lengthy process, I chose it as an alternative option to minimize any risk. I call it efficient as I have access to my balance of the bank account using both the Venmo and Cash apps. The interesting part is that I can exchange my balance between both apps.
Transfer money from Venmo to your bank account
Before starting the process make sure that you added your bank account successfully to your Venmo account. I am not repeating the process as I have already mentioned the “Add a Bank or Card” process above where you have to select the Bank option and follow the verification steps. So, when you’re done with the verification process you are ready to transfer funds from the Venmo app to your Bank account. The transfer process is as given below.
- Open the Venmo app from your smartphone.
- Go to the settings (☰) options and the “Transfer Money” option will appear. I heard that some devices show the “Transfer to Bank” option instead. Both are the same, so don’t get confused.
- Tap on the option and enter the amount you want to send to the bank account.
- Again, here are both the “Instant” and “1-3 Biz Days” options to choose as I mentioned earlier. The first one requires a small fee and the second one has no fee.
- Now select your preferred bank account that you added as the linked account.
- Here the app will ask for confirmation. Confirm the details of the money transfer and tap on the “Transfer” option.
- After a while, you will see the money added to your bank account.
Send money from bank account to Cash app
Now it’s your turn to send the money from the bank account to the Cash App account. Once your Venmo app successfully transfers the money to your bank account, you are now ready to execute the second step. But make sure again that the Cash app account has a link to your bank account. So first open the Cash App from your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Balance” option from the Cash App interface.
- There is a “Cash Out” option, tap on it. Some devices might show the “Add Cash” instead of it. They work the same.
- Now, enter the amount you want to add to your Cash App from the linked Bank account.
- Select the deposit speed again as we mentioned.
- After confirming the amount, tap on the Add option.
- In the “Add” option your Cash App will ask for your PIN or Touch ID verification. Whichever you activated earlier.
When every step passed successfully, the amount should appear in your Cash App balance. Here I can do it fast as I have both the Bank and Cash App debit card. These two cards directly allow me to transfer money online.
How much money can you send from Venmo to Cash app?
After signing up with Venmo App as an unverified account, the maximum amount you can transfer is $299.99 per week. This limit includes both the person-to-person and authorized merchant transfer. Once you verify your identity, the payment increases 10 times which I am enjoying now. It means you can transfer $4,999.99 weekly through person-to-person transfer as a verified account holder. The sending limit moves up to $6,999.99 when it is Authorized Merchant Payments and, in each transfer, you can send $2,999.99 maximum.
To identify as a Venmo account holder you have to go to the app and follow the steps through to the Security option. In addition, you must submit the following information to verify your identity.
- Your legal Full name
- Physical address
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Zip Code
- Date of birth
Does Venmo charge you for the transactions?
Venmo app charges fees for each service you use just like other payment transfer services. But there are several types of fees based on the transaction type. I also have to pay different amounts of fees as I use the Venmo app for different purposes.
There will be a 3% charge if you use your credit card to fund your Venmo account.
If you choose instant transfer, the Venmo app will charge 1% of the transaction fee or a minimum of 25 cents. Instant transfers allow you to transfer money from your Venmo account to your debit card within half an hour.
Venmo doesn’t charge you when you choose the 1 to 3 Days option while transferring funds. My Venmo app does not charge any fee when I deal with the merchant who also uses the Venmo app. Transferring to your bank account is also absolutely free.
What should I do if I have problems while sending money from Venmo to the Cash app?
Several factors work while sending money from Venmo to Cash App. So, it’s your job to submit and check everything properly. I also face issues while transferring money, but as I know some of the solutions I can handle those myself. Here are some solutions I can give you to deal with common problems successfully.
- Make sure your internet connection is ok and fast enough while sending money from Venmo to the Cash App. Wi-Fi or data doesn’t matter here. Make sure your phone has sufficient storage. Try resolving by changing the VPN mode.
- You can log out from the Venmo app and log in again.
- If logging out doesn’t work then uninstall and delete the app and install it again. Deleting and reinstalling doesn’t affect your Venmo account. Rather it makes sure that your Venmo app is updated.
- Also, make sure your iOS or Android version is updated.
If you can’t resolve the issues yet, then you should contact the support center of Venmo.
Other issues you should keep in mind while transferring money from the Venmo app.
- Make sure both the Venmo app and cash App are linked to a common account.
- You can’t use your Venmo app outside of the US.
- Keep concentration on the amount you want to transfer as there is a transferring limit I mentioned above.
How to verify your identity on Venmo?
To verify your identity, Venmo requires you to prepare and submit your legal name, address, date of birth, and your social security number or tax identification number. Sometimes, Venmo might ask for more information such as a driver’s license or US passport.
- Open Venmo app
- Select three lines “Settings” option on the top-left corner of the screen
- Then Tap on Settings and the “Security” will appear after scrolling down.
- Tap on the “Security” section and follow through the “Identity Verification”
- Tap on the “Next” option on the one-time security check information page.
- Submit all of your information required (legal name, address, date of birth, and your social security number or tax identification number)
- Click “Next” to continue after finishing the information section.
Why is Venmo declining my Cash app card?
Hopefully, my instructions should not cause problems connecting your Cash App Card to your Venmo account. Nevertheless, if the transfer fails, try removing the cash app card from Venmo and redo the whole process carefully. Make sure the account and routing numbers are correct.
Can you transfer money from the Cash app to Venmo?
Above, I shared the steps on how to send money from a Venmo to a cash app. The same process you can try in reverse and get your money from Cash App to Venmo. The process is simple, you just need to add the Venmo Card to your Cash App account. Actually, it’s a vice versa process. Just add your Cash App card to your Venmo account. Venmo Cards can be used in Cash App just like any other debit card.
How to get a Venmo card?
Getting a Venmo Card is not complicated. The process is simple and easy like getting the Cash app card I have mentioned above. Just follow my instructions to get your Venmo debit Card.
- Open the Venmo app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Settings (three lines icon ☰) at the top right
- Choose Venmo Debit Card
- Tap on “Get Venmo Card”
- Select the card style (color) you want to get.
- Follow and complete steps as ordered and then Tap on the “Submit”
- Tap on the “Order Card”
- Venmo will send you the physical Venmo card within 5 to 10 business days.