Nowadays, there are so many ways to pay for your online purchases, including electronic checks. It has become easier to shop from online stores with the use of ACH payments or E-checks. They both facilitate the transfer of funds between bank accounts in a secure and efficient manner through their roles as electronic payment methods. In this article, I’ll explain how to shop with ACH payments and which stores accept ACH payments as a payment method.
Shop in Stores That Accept ACH Payment
It is common for retailers to accept ACH transfers as a form of payment. The shopping experience remains the same, you shop at your favorite stores and complete the checkout process as before. Here are the processes:
- As usual, shop as you normally would.
- Enter your bank routing number and checking account information to complete the checkout process
- You will be able to choose a payment option from the stores where you shop.
Their system utilizes this method for the electronic transfer of your ACH payment. Ensure that your checking account is stocked with cash.
10 Best Stores that Accept ACH Payments
You’ve got many options if you want to use ACH payment to shop in stores. These are some of the top retailers that accept e-Checks. Some shops only allow direct transfers, whereas others ask for your bank info to transfer through PayPal or an online banking site.
- Amazon: Amazon, one of the most popular online shopping sites, accepts ACH payments. Paying through ACH is quick and secure for Amazon. When you shop at Amazon, you can use your checking account quickly and easily. It is only possible to transfer funds via bank transfer. For ACH payments, Amazon does not charge a fee. In addition, ACH payments are usually processed within minutes.
- Walmart: Walmart was the first online retailer to accept ACH payments, using the Certegy PayNet platform. Walmart does not require a PayPal account to make ACH payments. ACH payments are a secure and reliable way to pay for online purchases. To pay via cash, click “Pay with Cash” and visit your nearest Walmart store. You can also pay with credit or debit cards at Walmart.
- Target: Target, like many other retailers, does accept various forms of payment, including ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments. ACH payments typically involve using your checking account and routing numbers for electronic transactions. You cannot use the ACH payments for wholesale purchases and gift cards. In order to avoid problems when using ACH payments at Target, it is crucial to know the restrictions.
- eBay: eBay lets sellers offer ACH transfers or other online payment methods to buyers. In fact, payment methods may differ from one seller to another. Depending on the seller’s preferences, eBay allows sellers to specify the types of payments they except for their listings. The payment options list on the listing page will indicate whether the seller accepts ACH transfers or requests personal statements as a form of payment.
- East bay: A variety of clothing, footwear, sports equipment, and other products make this store popular among users. With ACH transfer, the platform offers special deals on selected products. It is possible to make payments through ACH transfer, as with other stores, however, the number of payments made through ACH is limited. It is not permitted to make an ACH payment in excess of $500.
- Dell: A wide selection of desktops and laptops are available in this store to meet the needs of a variety of customers. You may purchase electronics with ACH at this store, which accepts ACH payments. You will find the option of ACH payment in their list of payment options. The payment process requires information such as personal electronic checks and routing numbers.
- Wayfair: A famous online store, Wayfair, offers an ACH payment option. In this way, customers can easily and quickly pay for their orders. You can also pay with credit and debit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay on Wayfair. Since Wayfair allows you to pay directly with ACH or through a bank transfer, it is one of the best online stores that accept ACH payments without PayPal.
- Cabela’s: Cabela’s is not just known for selling fishing and hunting equipment, but it also offers a wide range of recreational products. Cabela’s website allows customers to make purchases using ACH payments. During the ACH transfer, you can use PayPal or link your checking account to your online banking website. For orders over a certain amount, Cabela’s also offers free shipping a simple return policy.
- Foot Locker: Foot Locker is the best online store if you are an athlete looking for premium sneakers and other sportswear. The Foot Locker is one of the best online stores that accept ACH payments without the use of PayPal since it does so via bank transfer. Foot Locker will require you to add your checking account and make an ACH payment. ACH payments are secure, free, and quick for both the merchant and the customer.
- B&H: If you are looking for a store where you can make payments by ACH transfer, then B&H is the place for you. The company was founded in 1973, based in Manhattan, New York City. B&H is an online store that accepts ACH payments without PayPal; however, you will need to contact their customer service for instructions on how to pay using an ACH transfer.
Stores That Don’t Accept ACH Payment
To avoid the possibility of missing one of your favorite sites, we have compiled a list of popular e-commerce sites that do not accept ACH payments, personal checks, or PayPal.
Most of these websites accept only major credit cards such as Mastercard, Discover, Visa, and others.
- Ali Express
- Big Lots
- Old Navy
There are few online retail locations that will accept individual checks in the present day. The reason for this is that online payments are now faster and more secure than they ever have been.
Alternatives to ACH Payments
If you prefer not to use ACH payment or encounter a debit card decline error, you will have other options.
- Shop Now and Pay Later: Many online stores offer consumers the option of buying now and paying later without credit checks. No need to worry about paying with a credit card or ACH payment to buy your favorite products.
- Choose a payment plan: It is possible to use this type of delayed financing even for high-ticket items like electronics. There are many retailers that offer cell phone financing without a credit check. You can find these flexible payment plans at thousands of progressive leasing stores.
- Use other checks for big purchases: You have a few options when making a large purchase, such as a car. Consider the differences between a cashier’s check and a certified check before using one. When you don’t have access to those forms of payment, you can use a money order, but beware of money order scams. Alternatively, progressive leasing offers payment plans. Find out what progressive leasing is and how it works.
Tips for Safe and Secure ACH Payments
You should follow these three credit card security tips when shopping online.
- Don’t shop at sites that are unknown or untrusted. You can make purchases on these sites with confidence. Before making any purchase with a website, you should conduct some research on it by reading customer reviews. By doing so, you will be able to ensure that they have adequate security protection.
- Do not make purchases while connected to a public Wi-Fi network. While browsing websites on a public Wi-Fi network, it is possible for your payment information to be compromised if you are not careful. Make any purchases once you get home or somewhere with an encrypted connection.
- Before entering any personal information during checkout, make sure you see a lock symbol in your browser bar. This means the website lacks adequate security protections, so close it immediately.
These tips will help you protect your payment information when shopping online. To determine the next steps to take if your banking information has been compromised, immediately notify your bank. To report an online scam, contact with police.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does ACH transfer incur a fee?
You typically don’t have to pay anything to use ACH payment at checkout, but it depends on where you shop. In case you’re unsure if there’s a fee, just ask customer service at the store. It’s up to them whether you’ll have to pay more for this kind of payment.
How long does it take for a store to process an ACH payment?
Online stores normally process and complete ACH payments in 1-2 business days. The process usually takes one day after you submit your payment information, so you can begin browsing products immediately.
Is there a minimum order amount when paying by ACH Transfer?
When checking out, you won’t need to reach a minimum order amount to make an ACH payment go through. Check with customer service at the store where you want to shop if you’re not sure if there is one. There should be a notice telling you whether there is a minimum requirement.
What do I do if my ACH payment gets declined?
You might have low or insufficient funds in your bank account if your ACH payment gets declined during a purchase or if their end made a mistake. Find out what your bank’s direct deposit times are so you know when your money has been deposited. Ask customer support at that particular store about the issue. You can ask them how to fix your bank information or set up a different payment option.
Do all online shopping stores accept ACH payments?
There are plenty of online shops that accept ACH payments as a form of payment. There are some risks associated with this type of payment, so smaller stores don’t usually take it, unlike credit cards and debit cards. Due to this, some bigger retailers don’t accept it to protect their customers from fraud.
Is ACH transferring a safe method of payment?
Online shopping is better with ACH payments. ACH payments seem smart, so everyone likes them. Paper checks have to go through the hands, but ACH payments go straight to the seller. It takes a little while. It’s also time-consuming. Therefore, ACH payment is safe, easy, and reliable.