Various legitimate side hustles are available in the U.S., and door dashing is one of them. Joining the door-dash community as a delivery driver might be the ticket to the best spots at the company. If you are looking for that job, a Dasher Direct Card will be a great option. However, if you are already working with DoorDash and are still considering your payment method, DasherDirect will be the ultimate one. Independent contractors for companies like DoorDash, such as gig workers and side hustlers, need access to their money as quickly as possible. As a result, DoorDash developed the DasherDirect Card. It’s a debit card stuffed with excellent benefits.
This card is amazing, but before you sign up, you’ll need to understand what you’re getting into. Fortunately, I have crafted this guide. Get an inside look at the DasherDirect prepaid card and discover how it works and how you can get it.
About DasherDirect Card
In 2020, DoorDash began implementing its Dasher Direct card with limited availability and invitation-only access. DasherDirect cards began to be widely available across the country in February 2021. Individuals working for DoorDash in the United States are eligible to receive DasherDirect cards. It’s a prepaid card that simplifies DoorDash workers’ access to their money and allows them to get paid more quickly. Unlike DoorDash’s Fast Pay, it offers a different payment method.
You can use DasherDirect even if you do not have a primary bank account to get direct deposits from DoorDash. The prepaid card receives payments and tips from Dash. You can withdraw cash without a fee at over 20,000 no-fee ATMs throughout the country. With the DasherDirect app, you can find ATMs with no fees nearby. In addition to paying bills, sending funds, and adding cash to your card, you can also send money.
Steps to Get a Dasher Direct Card
In order to receive the card, you need to know how to apply. DoorDash makes it easy for you to get a Dasher Direct card through their Dasher app. To receive the card, you will need to fulfill all the requirements. You must wait until the mail arrives after signing up. Here is a detailed description of the process.
Process for Eligibility
You must meet the following requirements to use a Dasher Direct prepaid card:
- Start by downloading the Dasher App right away
- Participates in DoorDash’s U.S. operations as an active employee
- A valid I.D. or driver’s license, a social security number, and a U.S. address are required
- You must be 18 years of age or older
The application processes
DoorDash only offers the card, and the first thing you need to do is apply through the app.
- The first step is to navigate to your Dasher app and tap “Earnings.”
- The next step is to choose the Bank icon and choose Dasher Direct under “Other” payment options.
- After you download the app, you will be prompted to register.
You will need to provide the following information when applying for the Dasher Direct card:
- Government-issued ID or driver’s license
- Address of your home
- Social security number
- Full name
- After you order your Dasher Direct prepaid visa card, you will receive it in the mail.
Then, you simply activate it, download the Dasher Direct card app (iOS/Android), and you’re ready to start saving. As an added bonus, you’ll have immediate access to your funds while you await your card.
Benefits of Dasher Direct Card
The way you manage DasherDirect can impact your benefit. Here are the benefits of a DasherDirect card for Dashers.
- Instant payouts without fees: Formerly, DoorDash drivers, also called Dashers, had to wait for their pay every week unless they paid a fee to receive it instantly. Recently, DoorDash offers DasherDirect in place of a regular card, which offers instant (and free) payouts among its many benefits.
- You can use the money as a prepaid debit card: With this Visa debit card, you can access no-fee ATMs in the AllPoint network and purchase traditional debit cards. DasherDirect lets you manage these functions on both Apple and Google Play.
- Rewards with cash back: Using this card for gas purchases is a great way to earn money back. 2% cash back is available on gas station purchases. Almost all gas station purchases are eligible for this benefit.
- Manage your earnings easily: You can manage your earnings with one easy app powered by Pay fare, including a debit card that is linked to your account.
- Transfer this money for free: It is now possible to transfer money without paying a fee if you cash out after multiple shifts each week for $1.99.
Dasher Direct Considerations
Still not sure if Dasher Direct is for you? Before getting started, it may be a good idea to consider some facts.
Although the Dasher Direct card offers a multitude of benefits, Reddit and Twitter have reported many downsides. The biggest problem is frequent crashes or downtimes for the DasherDirect service. It is resulting in DoorDash workers not being able to access their money. Purchases are also taking longer than usual to process, or funds are not being added to the card as quickly as they should be. Aside from frozen accounts, returned purchases made with Dasher Direct cards are not credited back to the cards. When attempting to contact Dasher Direct Customer Support, many users seem to have long wait times on hold.
Your Dasher Direct account must be funded with the correct amount. You must remember the following list.
- As noted on the DasherDirect website, daily withdrawal limits are $100 per transaction. You must fund your account with these amounts.
- You may make five ATM transactions per day up to a maximum of $1,000 per day (a day is defined as 24 hours).
- The maximum number of ATM transactions per month is 150, up to a total of $5000 (a month is defined as any 30 days)
Please note that you will only earn rewards on purchases, not cash withdrawals.
How Long Does It Take to Get the Dasher Direct Card?
DasherDirect physical cards can take up to 10 days to arrive, but you can access your account and the virtual card immediately after approval. The virtual card allows you to make online purchases or make online transfers, such as sending money to your bank account. When shopping in-store and earning rewards at the gas pump, the physical card is best.
How Does the Dasher Direct Prepaid Card Work?
Using DasherDirect prepaid cards, you can receive your DoorDash earnings daily instead of paying fees for Fast Pay. Furthermore, you can access basic banking functions through the DasherDirect mobile app. It allows you to check your balance and transfer money without requiring a minimum balance or charging fees. There’s no doubt that this is an excellent debit card that will save you a lot of money on gas and let you access your hard-earned money more quickly. Remember, it may take 24–48 hours for your funds to appear in your account after the payout, so be patient.
How To Use Dasher Direct Card?
Using Dasher Direct, you can obtain Visa-branded prepaid debit cards. In recent years, visas have been accepted in a greater number of places throughout the country. You can use your Dasher Direct card anywhere Visa is accepted, whether online or in person. In addition, there is no minimum balance requirement on the card. You can use Dasher Direct wherever and whenever you want, just like any other standard prepaid card, as long as you have money in your account. The good news is that AllPoint ATMs do not charge you a fee for your transactions.
To avoid overspending, it’s important to always check your balance in the app before spending. In most cases, DoorDash’s customer tips are automatically credited to your account, but sometimes they can take up to 30 days.
How To Resolve Dasher Direct Card Issue?
A Dasher Direct card is not a credit card but a prepaid card that works like a debit card. Dasher Direct cards must have sufficient funds on them to cover the amount of your purchase when used for purchases. Using it for a partial payment will result in it declining due to insufficient funds. If you use your card to purchase gasoline at a fueling station, the company will charge your card $75 to $99 for the holding charge. Your card will decline if you don’t have $75 to $99 available when purchasing gas. Once the purchase is complete, this charge will disappear, but if your card does not have that much credit, you should speak to the attendant inside.
Does Dasher Direct Card Require a Separate App?
Once your Dasher Direct card is approved, it will be necessary for you to download a separate app from DasherDirect. If you have an iPhone, you must search for DasherDirect by Pay fare in the Apple App Store. To download DasherDirect for Android phones, search for Pay fare in the Google Play store. DoorDash payment history is available in the DasherDirect app. You cannot use Fast Pay and DasherDirect together. DasherDirect is the only method of payment you will be able to use once you initiate the card. To use Fast Pay again, you must go into the app, select the Bank section on the Earnings screen, then select Switch Payout Account.
Is Dasher Direct Card FDIC Insured?
Dasher Direct is issued by Stride Bank. As an FDIC-insured bank, Stride provides financial services. Your money will be returned if Stride Bank fails for any reason. In case Stride Bank falls victim to fraud or theft, your money is protected. An FDIC-insured bank provides this service automatically. No registration is required, or additional fees are required to use this service.